First Impressions | Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette

Hello everyone 😊 By now, all beauty aficionados know about Urban Decay's latest release, The Naked Heat palette. It goes without saying that the moment I laid my eyes on the promo images for this palette, I knew I had to have it! It took me quite a while to get my hands on it as it was released in Europe in July and of course, having to buy it online, I have had to wait for another 14 days for the palette to finally be delivered. But, let me tell you, it was well worth the wait! I also managed to get my hands on the Vice lipsticks that were released with the palette but there will be more on them in a separate post.

Just when I thought there was no possibility of another Naked palette to be released, Urban Decay managed to come up with this fiery version boasting 12 newly released shades of amber-hued neutrals just in time for summer. With a colour spectrum ranging from warm browns to burnt oranges, this warm-toned palette looks flattering on any skin tone. Without further ado, let's get to the fun part - pictures and swatches!


As far as packaging goes, I think this palette is decidedly the best looking - the outer packaging resembles a match box complete with a drawer containing the palette and 12 matches illustrated on the inside of the box, the next more burnt than the one before it to depict the shades going from lightest to darkest. The palette, on the other hand, boasts a rather colourful appearance with an orange case and an ombre metallic lid which gives the Naked logo a sort of 3D look.



The inside is pretty standard with of course the 12 eyeshadow pans and the shade names underneath, a large mirror and a dual ended brush. I always like the brushes that come with UD palettes as they are very good quality and this brush was no exception either. Actually, it reminds me of the one that comes with the Naked Smoky except the fluffier end is shorter on this one.



Now let's have a look at the shades. The shades are organized from lightest to darkest and I was actually surprised to see so many matte shades in an Urban Decay palette - 7 out of 12 to be exact while the remaining 5 are mostly shimmery.

Ounce (ivory shimmer)
Chaser (light nude matte)
Sauced (soft terra-cotta matte)
Low Blow (brown matte)



Lumbre (copper shimmer w/gold pearl shift)
He Devil (burnt red matte)
Dirty Talk (metallic burnt red)
Scorched (metallic deep red w/gold micro-shimmer)



Cayenne (deep terra-cotta matte)
En Fuego (burgundy matte)
Ashes (deep reddish-brown matte)
Ember (deep metallic copper-burgundy)



Of course pigmentation is always exceptional with UD and the formula is buttery soft. Intensity can always be built up to your heart's content and there is no limit to the looks you can create with this palette. The only shades which are a little lacking in pigmentation are Ounce and Chaser but other than them, the rest are insane!

The stand out shades for me are Ember, En Fuego, Scorched and Lumbre. The shimmery shades have a nice sort of duo-chromatic shift which I look forward to use in makeup looks I am planning to share on the blog soon :)

The palette is on sale from Feelunique and Urban Decay websites for €47.40.

1 comment on "First Impressions | Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette"
  1. I love Urban Decay Palette as they keep developing new colours, trends and style that interest women. Do you know you can Review Urban Decay Palette UK To Keep It Free. Campaign is open to UK resident! Thanks for a great post.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete