Monthly Favourites: October 2011

Hello ladies :) October has also come to an end so it is time for me to show you what I have been enjoying most this month :) First and foremost, having had my first pay, I had to shop lol and I love everything I bought this month (you can have a look at all the items I purchased here).  Furthermore, I have been wearing more cosy clothes as a result of the weather getting colder (something which I am not a fan of) so that has been a good excuse to wear the new clothes I have been buying for Autumn/Winter.  I have also been enjoying autumnal shades this month.

With regards beauty products, I have some re-discoveries and new products to share with you but most of them have to do with skin care and how I have been getting through with having zits more frequently thanks to the full blast air conditioning I have to work in at the lab (I have a post coming up with what I have been doing to help my skin). So let me get started :)


Like I said, I have been having skin issues, so my go-to products were La Roche Posay Effaclar A.I. Targeted Breakout Corrector (apart from the rest of the La Roche Posay Effaclar skin care products that I use); Montagne Jeunesse Blemish Mud; e.l.f. Shine Erasers &  e.l.f. Mineral Blemish Kit.

Obviously, I had to conceal the spots so I have been using the NYX Concealer in a Jar (Green) as well as my Revlon ColorStay foundation for day and NYX HD Foundation for night.  The Sigma F80 is my preferred brush for applying foundation whilst the e.l.f. Powder Brush wins hands down for best application of powder products like the e.l.f. Studio Complexion Perfection and the Mineral Booster.

I have also been enjoying more natural looking make-up looks this month as I have been quite busy with work and another project and my go to products are Nivea Hydro Care lip balm to keep my lips hydrated and chap-free, Maybelline Water Shine Lipstick in 02 Cocoa Shake and I am happy to say I have re-discovered my e.l.f. Waterproof Eyeliner Pens in Black and Coffee which I am very pleased to say that they haven't dried up from last year!

Being so busy, I have really missed doing my nails so I have to do a new mani asap! However, I have been wearing essie's Vanity Fairest for most of this month!  Lastly, not only my skin suffers the consequences of air conditioning, but also my hair.  Thereby, I have invested in this tub of Palmer's Coconut Oil which I apply to my ends whenever my hair needs a moisture boost!  So that concludes my beauty product favourites for this month cupcakes but I have one more thing to share with you :)

I have been watching the Audrey Hepburn DVD's I got earlier this month and the more I see, the more I appreciate Audrey Hepburn! Can't wait to get my hands on the rest of her movies!






Lastly, I'd like to take this opportunity to remind you guys about a Halloween nail art competition I am taking part in on facebook.  I am currently in second place with my entry but I need to get at least another 200 votes before noon of 1st November to win so I would appreciate it if you spared a second of your time and liked my photo just by following these simple steps:

2. Click like under my picture

Thanks a lot in advance for your help cupcakes :)

So that's it for my monthly favourites ladies! Stay tuned for more posts to come! Happy Sunday!

2 comments on "Monthly Favourites: October 2011"
  1. I keep hearing good things about the hair oil from palmers but haven't seen any in the UK yet.

    Voted for you on FB too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought it from ebay as from Malta I believe it is more expensive. If you want I can give you the link to the seller as she is based in the UK so maybe you even save on shipping costs :)

    I saw that and thanks very much :) xxx

    ReplyDelete