Review | Sleek MakeUP Vintage Romance Collection

Good morning lovelies, I hope the week is treating you well so far :) Today I have an exciting review where I shine the spotlight on Sleek's Vintage Romance Collection, namely the i-Divine palette which bears the same name as the collection and the blush in Antique.

I was sold to get both products after seeing swatches on Nina's blog and I'm really glad I did! I have been using the palette ever since I got it and earlier this month, I had the opportunity to try out the blush and I haven't gone back to any other blush since!
 
I will start my review with a few words about the Sleek customer service. This was my first time purchasing from the Sleek website and I have to admit that it will not be my last. Apart from the quality of the products, my order only took 3 days to be processed, dispatched and delivered on my doorstep. Way to go Sleek!
 
Back to the original subject of the post, the Vintage Romance Collection. It consists of the afore mentioned pieces, both of which have a romantic aura with their deep and intense shades.

Starting with packaging, those who are familiar with Sleek MakeUP know that the brand always packs it sleek (no pun intended) black palettes in a carton box with powdered eyeshadow motifs or the likes. I have to say that for the sake of the two items belonging to the same collection, I would have liked it better if the palette's outer box was the same as the one for the blush, which is the design for the Vintage Romance collection. The black casing feels very sturdy and closes tightly. Both the palette and blush come with a good sized mirror and the eyeshadow palette also comes with a dual ended sponge applicator.



Let's have a thorough look at the i-Divine palette first. As I said earlier, the palette is called Vintage Romance and features 12 beautiful shades, all of which are named after the various stages of a relationship and connected to a beautiful city. I like it when companies actually take time to name the shades in a palette because it is much easier to refer to them in tutorials and such. All eyeshadows are mineral based.


Pigmentation wise, all shades give a very good colour payoff, albeit some shades are less pigmented than others. None of the shades are chalky or excessively powdery but always take precautions in case of fallouts. I recommend using a primer to ensure your makeup doesn't fade away. Here are swatches and descriptions of all the shades:


Pretty in Paris ~ softly pigmented metallic silver that is ideal for use as a highlight shade

Meet in Madrid ~ another softly pigmented metallic shade, this time a light gold hue; again, perfect for highlighting

A Vow in Venice ~ nicely pigmented cranberry shade with a slight metallic finish.

Marry in Monte Carlo ~ an even deeper metallic cranberry shade with purple undertones



Court in Cannes ~ very pigmented metallic bronze

Lust in LA ~ another metallic bronze that is quite similar to Court in Cannes but has mossy green undertones

Honeymoon in Hollywood ~ yet another berry shade, this time with a satin finish and silver glitter that doesn't translate that well on the eyes

Bliss in Barcelona ~ dark metallic purple with a blue sheen



Romance in Rome ~ dark navy shade with blue shimmer

Propose in Prague ~ the only matte shade in the palette that I would say is a deep berry brown hue that will complement all skin tones and is perfect for blending

Forever in Florence ~ a deep blackcurrant shade with silver glitter that can be easily brushed away

Love in London ~ a nice black with silver glitter


Next, is the Blush in Antique. When I got this, I was a little scared to actually try this because it turned out to be much darker than I expected. However, if you use a light hand with it, this blush turns out to be a beautiful shade that gives the cheeks that warm, winter glow, even the palest of skin tones a.k.a. me!

 
The blush is a deep berry brown shade with old rose undertones and a ton of silver shimmer in the pan which isn't really that visible on the skin. If you hate shimmery blushes, you can easily brush the shimmer away. It is insanely pigmented so always make sure to use a light hand and tap off the excess before applying.


This blush has fast become my go-to shade for this time of year but because of the shimmer, I tend to reserve it for night time use.

I suggest you get this collection and it even makes a beautiful, value for money gift! You can purchase both items from the Sleek website. The palette retails at €9.99 for 12 eyeshadows of 1.1g each and the blush retails at €5.49 for 8g of product.

4 comments on "Review | Sleek MakeUP Vintage Romance Collection"
  1. That eyeshadow palette has some gorgeous shades in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww Lara thank you so much for the mention :) :) I am glad you love it :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All gorgeous, shimmery shades, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was only looking at this palette last week, thanks for the great review :)

    www.wexandthecity.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete