Review | La Roche Posay Effaclar Sebo-Controlling Mask

La Roche Posay have released some exciting new products to further expand their Effaclar skin care range. I'm sure many of you are acquainted with this range as most of us have used it as teenagers and others, me included still use the products today.

One of the products which sparked my curiosity ever since I saw it advertised on the La Roche Posay Facbeook page is the Effaclar Sebo-Controlling Mask for I am always struggling with balancing my oily skin in a bid to keep it shine free for longer throughout the day.


Without hesitation, I bought a tube of the mask from the first pharmacy I saw it at last week and tried it that same day after cleansing my face. I also managed to convince the boyfriend (read nagged until he had to agree) to try it since he has super oily skin which is very prone to black-heads. So far we have used the mask twice in a week.

Let's have a word about texture first before moving on to the actual results. Basically, the mask comes in a tube packaging with the signature La Roche Posay colours and it has a very creamy texture. It has a greyish white colour which pertains to the kaolin clay content of the product. The mask is formulated with the finest ingredients known to unclog pores and rid the skin of invisible impurities to reveal a healthy, glowing complexion which stays matte for longer.


La Roche Posay recommend the application of a thin layer of the mask once or twice a week (make sure you avoid the eye and lip areas), leave it on for 5 minutes and then rinse off with warm water before applying the rest of your skin care products. 

During the 5 minutes you have the mask on, you will feel it dry and maybe your skin will feel a little tighter; or course, that's due to the clay drying up. It does rinse off easily though so application and removal are both like a walk in the park! Neither me nor my boyfriend have experienced itching or burning sensations when using this mask.

For me, just one application a week was enough to keep sebum production at bay for longer. My boyfriend, on the other hand needs to stick to applying the mask twice weekly but since it only takes 5 minutes, he doesn't complain.

Bottom line, I highly recommend this mask to anyone who wants to keep their skin look fresh and matte for longer as well as anyone with a very busy lifestyle and of course has an oily skin type.

La Roche Posay Effaclar Sebo-Controlling Mask retails for €13.50 for 100ml of product and is available in pharmacies.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment