New Uriage AGE Protect Anti-Ageing Skin Care

Let me start this post off with an apology to you, my readers for I haven't had the time to properly sit down and write a blog post or two in the longest time. Not because I was running out of ideas, because there is a whole backlog of products I want to share with you here, but because life got in the way. I have currently gone back to wedding planning and it is almost time to start looking for furniture for our home too so my plate is quite full at the moment, not to mention my full-time job. But anyway, rant over, I am back today with a fantastic anti-ageing skincare range from Uriage.


If you know me, you know how much I love skin care and even though I have my absolute favourite products that I wouldn't trade for anything else, I still enjoy going to product launches and see what innovations different brands come up with to address all the concerns.

The latest event I got to attend was the launch of a new anti-ageing skincare range from Uriage and in a teaser picture on Facebook and Instagram stories, I asked you what you think is an added environmental factor that is contributing to premature skin ageing. No one seemed to know the answer even though it is all around us and more common than we think. The answer? Blue light!

Yes, the light that emanates from smartphones, computers, tablets, etc is making us age faster! Who would have thought that?! Well, luckily, French skincare brand Uriage took to launching a whole new outlook on anti-ageing skincare with their comprehensive range AGE Protect. It's pretty clear that the products in this range aim at protecting our skin against daily exposomes (environmental factors/exposures we are subjected to, that can be linked to an individual's health status, including the skin's ageing process). More specifically, and this is what makes Uriage AGE Protect range unique in the realm of anti-ageing skincare, these products have a Blue Light Barrier. This patented technology is the first of its kind and as the name implies, it is targeted against the effects of blue light on our skin.


Of course, the basis of the products is Uriage thermal water which by now, I think everyone and their mother knows about its benefits in skin care products. The other active ingredients in the AGE Protect range are retinol, low molecular weight hyaluronic acid, dragon's blood, vitamin C, vitamin E and of course the patented Blue Light Barrier (BLB). Thus the formula has both protective and corrective ingredients.


The BLB creates an exposome shield, thus creating a healthy environment. The shield is further enhanced by Filmexel which produces a second-skin effect to prevent adhesion of pollutants to the skin. As for retinol and hyaluronic acid, we all know that these two ingredients combat pigmentation, wrinkles and promote healthy-looking skin respectively. The AGE Protect range is very comprehensive and comprises 3 products for daily use (Multi-Action Cream, Multi-Action Cream with SPF 30, Multi-Action Fluid) 2 targeted products (Multi-Action Eye Contour, Multi-Action Intensive Serum) and 2 night products (Multi-Action Detox Night Cream, Multi-Action Peeling Night Cream). They are tailored for all ages and can also be used by men. However, they are not advised for pregnant women since they contain retinol.


I look forward to trying out the products that were kindly gifted to us, especially the eye contour cream and I'd be happy to share my thoughts on them in due time. Thank you once again to Uriage for having me :)



1 comment on "New Uriage AGE Protect Anti-Ageing Skin Care"
  1. Worried about your dull and lifeless skin, or are fine lines stealing your beauty? Reveal newer and more radiant skin with microdermabrasion services Murphy.

    ReplyDelete