The Makeup Festival | What Went Down and What I Got!

Last Saturday, the first ever edition of The Makeup Festival was brought to life at the Mediterranean Conference Centre (MCC) in Valletta and it was a dream-come-true for all makeup lovers! I went with my friend Marija and not only did we enjoying browsing and shopping (we broke our no shopping promise 2 seconds into the festival - I'm looking at you Essence & Catrice), we also attended a skincare masterclass courtesy of Dermalogica!


From the moment we set foot into the premises, we were wowed by the original and very well organised set-up. All brands had good floor space to exhibit their goodies and they were all offering discounts and gifs with purchases, if you want to see what I got, I will be sharing all that with you in a minute 😉One great initiative which was in place at the festival were the waste separation bins set up all over the premises to encourage attendees to separate waste and they even constructed a centrepiece from all the empty makeup and skin care containers they collected prior to the event, well done!


We spent some time going around the different brands, see what they had to offer, purchased what we needed, stopped for a Haagen-Dazs ice-cream (which is my favourite and I always have a tub or two of at home) and then we attended the masterclass which was absolute heaven! I really enjoyed giving myself a mini facial as I would at home using Dermalogica products and learning about their different functions and benefits along the way.


Finally, this is what I got at the event - thank you for the lovely people behind all these brands for the offers and gifts :)

Essence & Catrice - I only bought the blue eyeliner, compact powder, concealer and nail polishes
The rest of the products were free with my purchase!

Eylure & Sally Hansen were on a 25% off offer and I got a sample of Glov makeup remover cloth and this beautiful velvet clutch for free!

Pupa Milano always come up with beautiful products and limited edition. I opted to buy a metallic liquid lipstick from their winter collection and was gifted two makeup pouches

Of course I couldn't resist a 50% off selected Chanel products so I got one of the Rouge Crayons available as I am already a fan of them

I took the opportunity to discover new brands I can share with you, one of which is Institut Esthederm. I can't wait to show you their innovative approach to skin care!

From the Dermalogica masterclass, we got some product samples as well as a 10% off voucher. Score!

We had a total blast and it was the perfect girls day out. The only suggestion I want to make for a better the event next time is mostly directed at the brands rather than the organisers - some brands had really busy cash points and we know how bad most Maltese are at queuing. I think if they had two assistants at the cash, it would have been easier for everyone but then again, while we were there we didn't wait for a long time to cash our purchases :)

I'd love to see the event come to life again next year and maybe I can even shop smart and start my Christmas shopping ;)


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment