From the Catwalk to the Street - Part 2

Remember my collaboration with Caroline from Diva Inside a couple of months ago? No? Go and read Part 1 here then come back to see today's post ;) If you do remember it, buckle up for Part 2!

Again we partnered up with another three local designers who have just showcased their latest collections last May during Malta Fashion Week & Awards. This time we chose Ritienne Zammit, Gabrielle Fenech and Maria Cutajar.

Ritienne Zammit - Atronymic

All three looks we chose for this shoot are right up my alley; they are all something I would actually wear but my absolute favourite was definitely this dress from Ritienne Zammit. Ritienne takes inspiration from our country's history and heritage and this collection was no exception. It aims at putting some Maltese surnames' history out there and being the history lover that I am, I always enjoy her collections. The dress I chose for this shoot has the 'Grandmaster print' and represents the surnames of Debattista, Vella, Mallia and Degabriele among others. Apart from the originality and edginess, the craftsmanship, high quality of materials and perfect stitching execution make Ritenne's collections very sought-after; and in fact, I already own a couple of pieces from her.

Catwalk Photography by Bernard Polidano

Back to the photoshoot, this dress ticks all the right boxes and I love the wavy shape of the skirt which gives it a playful look while the light blue details balance out the heaviness of the print. The exquisite print-matching of the different parts of the dress is so satisfying to look at and even though it is quite busy, it can easily go with so many shoe and bag options. In fact, I could pair it with over 5 pairs from my shoe collection alone (I only took 3 with me for the shoot). I kept the accessories to a bare minimum and only paired dark mustard tassel earrings and my Versace sunglasses which complemented the gold buttons at the front and the tonality of the main print.






Gabrielle Fenech - Ruby Carol

I had missed Gabrielle's presentation during Malta Fashion Week because I didn't attend on the night, but I remember seeing the pictures and I immediately liked her work. Of course, my favourite outfit from her Ruby Carol collection was the one I chose for this shoot. The off-white and dark red tones and the design at the front of the shirt instantly reminded me of the robes worn during the Roman era, thus I paired a chunky gold cuff and nude heels with it all. I love the open-back detail on the shirt but I have to say that the PVC skirt wasn't exactly comfortable to climb up stairs in. It is still something I wear though and to give it more of a modern edge rather than keeping with work-wear vibes, I opted for an ear cuff instead of traditional earrings.

Catwalk Photography by Steven Muliett





Maria Cutajar - Dejjem F'Qalbna

Lastly, another elegant look. This time courtesy of Maria Cutajar. I chose this gilet from her 'Dejjem F'Qalbna' collection on which the detailing and craftsmanship is exceptional. Maria has come a long way from the first collection she debuted in Malta and I only have words of praise for her latest works.

Catwalk Photography by Bernard Polidano

I styled the gilet with a pair of black shorts and a lace bodysuit, allowing the little eyelash lace details on the sleeves to peep through from under it. I also added a felt hat for that something extra and my favourite heels, the Gianvito Rossi Plexi pumps which have to power to take any look to the next level. The material on the gilet is perfect for the transitional autumn period - it's not too light, not too heavy and the colours are just something everyone can easily incorporate in their wardrobe.




Hair & Makeup

This time round, I left my hair in my hairdresser's hands - Francesco from Hair & Beauty by Cher. I have been a client of his for a veeeerrrryyyy long time now and I still amaze myself at how he always manages to come up with something new each and every time I visit! This time we went for a low bun since all of the outfits I was wearing featured a high neck. I love sleek, pulled back looks and this has got to be one of my favourites to date :) Thank you so much!


As for makeup, we chose Daniela from Melita Health & Beauty. We went for a natural look as the outfits were quite bold and she used Shiseido makeup which has just been re-branded and you can find most of the products at Melita too. My favourites were the foundation, where she used the Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation which offers medium to full coverage and doesn't oxidise, a neutral hued quad from the Essentialist Eye Palette range and the ModernMatte Powder Lipstick and  LacquerInk Lip Shin which helped the lip colour last for hours on end!



That's it for our collaborative shoots as regards this year's edition of Malta Fashion Week! Which look was your favourite out of the six we styled? Which local designer is your favourite? Oh and go check out some exclusive behind the scenes footage thanks to Taz and don't forget to subscribe to his channel.



Photography by Taz Gardner unless otherwise stated
Hair by Francesco Agius Risiott at Hair & Beauty by Cher
Makeup Daniela Ebejer at Melita Health & Beauty using Shiseido
Location Talbot & Bons Boutique Bed & Breakfast, Gudja

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment