Shake It Till You Make It! Nupo Malta launch

At the end of February, I got to attend the launch of Nupo Malta at Villa Corinthia in Attard. Up to an hour, before the launch was set to start, I was actually really angry at the weather for ruining a perfectly sunny day and turning into a cold, stormy night within a few minutes and I was scared I wouldn't be able to make it out of the house as it was pouring bucket-loads!


But I didn't want to miss the launch and as soon as it stopped raining, I made my way out of the house and drove off to the venue. Boy am I glad I did! I met up with fellow bloggers Caroline and Deborah and we kickstarted the night with one of the Nupo shakes.

Let me introduce you to Nupo first. Nupo stands for nutritional powder and the brand is a household name in the Danish market when it comes to weight loss & weight maintenance products. In fact, it's been around since 1981. The brand promises to be the next big thing in weight loss with a claim of a 2kg loss per week while you're on the diet. Nupo not only offers conventional powder shakes, but they also offer 200 calorie snacks which can replace a meal and a pancake mix too!


Basically, Nupo is based on the premise of VLCD (Very Low-Calorie Diet), meaning that all their soups, shakes, pancakes and one meal products have a very low-calorie count. Of course, they recommend you drink 2 - 3 litres of water a day in conjunction with their products.

How does the Nupo diet work? Basically, you take 6 portions a day of Nupo shakes or soups, say 4 chocolate shakes and 2 tomato soups; alternatively, you can choose to replace certain meals like I plan to, for example, you have a Nupo shake for breakfast and lunch and eat a healthy balanced meal in the evening. You can also throw in 2 One Meal snacks along the day! It is recommended to follow the Nupo diet for 3 weeks for effective weight loss if you're morbidly obese, after consulting your doctor for guidance.


Bloggers at work ;)

Locally, the following Nupo products are available:
Diet Shake & Soup - €19.95 for 12 sachets
Breakfast Pancakes - €3.28 per pack (makes 3 - 4 pancakes)
Crunch Bars - €3
Ready to-go drinks - €4

During the event, we were given demos of the different offerings from Nupo as well as an explanation of the diet. Popular TV personality Claire Agius shared her experience consuming Nupo products with us on the night as well and she claims that after being on the diet for a week, she could already see a difference.


With our wedding being a mere 2 months away, Nupo looks like the perfect thing to try to maintain our weight and shake off a few pounds ahead of the big day so I got us a box of Nupo Chocolate Shake and Pancake Mix to try. I also got a Toffee Crunch Bar which tastes heavenly and I had difficulty eating it all in one go. When I finally succeeded, it kept me full until my next meal, 3 hours later. I'll be happy to share a more in-depth Nupo experience with you in the coming days so keep your eyes peeled! 



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment