Academie Hydraderm Facial at Claire's Beauty Basics

Autumn and winter are probably the harshest seasons when it comes to skincare. We tend to drink less water due to us not feeling thirsty and lack of sweating and to top it off, the cold air dries skin even more. Now, we have a new contributing factor, obligatory mask-wearing everywhere we go (thank you Rona).

Apart from the infamous maskne, the skin on our faces is drier thanks to all three factors combined. Enter Academie's newest range - Hydraderm and their respective cabin treatments. I visited Claire's Beauty Basics in Mosta specifically to have the Hydraderm facial treatment done and I can tell you right away that it was the most thirst-quenching hour my skin has had in a while!

My skin before the facial - a few spots on my chin and sides of my face where the mask usually is and looking a bit dull and dehydrated

First things first, Claire started with the Hydraderm Gentle Peeling Cleanser 2-in-1 which has made my skin feel super clean and soft. The product is of 98.7% natural origin (as are all Academie products) and it removes makeup and eliminates impurities and dead skin cells in a single gesture. She then moved to blackhead extraction, a head, shoulder, and neck massage (see video below), and subsequently the actual Hydraderm treatment. 


The Hydraderm facial treatment packs

First goes the Moisturising & Relaxing Modelling Cream followed by a gauze soaked in toner  (to help the treatment better penetrate the skin), on which the Intense Moisture Mask is applied. To activate the mask, the Activation Gel is applied on top and the treatment left on for 15 minutes, during which Claire gave me a hand and arm massage.

Mask on! Ready, set, hydrate!

Upon removing the mask, before looking into the mirror, I could feel my skin was much more hydrated and yes, it looked plumper right away! Although results are visible right after the first treatment, it is recommended to do the facial every 3 weeks for optimum hydration and to maintain results.

I took home the Hydraderm 2-in-1 Cleanser and the 24H Hydraderm Serum to complement my skincare regimen and so far, I haven't had any breakouts.

Academie Hydraderm Cleanser & Serum

A few days after the facial and my skin still feels and looks more hydrated

Lastly, a little note to say that all COVID-19 safety protocols are in place at Claire's Beauty Basics and you can book an appointment in confidence, knowing the environment is safe 😊.

Facial treatment and products sponsored. Post is based on my personal experience and honest opinion.

1 comment on "Academie Hydraderm Facial at Claire's Beauty Basics"
  1. 👠 Hot pink heels - How do you manage to save😍How do you manage to save on hot pink heels 👠Buy yours with a 5⃣0⃣% discount by 🆑icking here 👉 Hot pink heels 👈💋

    ReplyDelete