Review: Max Factor Creme Puff in 85 Light 'n' Gay

If there's one single product from Max Factor that I simply adore, it has to be Creme Puff in 85 Light 'n' Gay.

This is basically pressed powder. As usual, let me start the review by taking a look at the packaging:



As you can see, the product is supplied in an elegant, sleek black round case with gold wording (in my opinion it looks classy). A flat cosmetic sponge is also supplied. You can also keep the box and buy a refill (although I have never seen refills in stores); there's a small hole (resembling the reset ones on the back of calculators) to push a pin through and remove the empty metal case and replace it. That's really green ain't it?

The powder, does have the texture of a powder but it doesn't look cakey on the skin which is the main reason I like this product so much. However, I still prefer to use it in winter rather than during the hot summer months.

The colour of the powder is very light and has a peachy-pink tint to it which is what makes a perfect match with my skin. It has also got that cosmetics' smell which I adore!

Here's a swatch of the powder:



Another thing I like about this powder, is the flat cosmetic sponge that comes with it. It feels feathery and very light & delicate. I wash it after every use and it still looks and feels as good as new! Bonus Brownie points for a short drying time as well!

I bought this Creme Puff for €5.30 for 21g of product and it has a 12 month expiry period. I think it's a reasonable price.

Have you tried this product in particular or any of the other available shades? If so, post your findings here :)

Lara xoxo
7 comments on "Review: Max Factor Creme Puff in 85 Light 'n' Gay"
  1. OMG what a blast from the past! Havent bought this in well over 10yrs! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol good one hehe :) I just love it!! i couldnt have bought ten years ago though lol i was only 11 back then :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was 15, must have been one of the first pieces of make up I bought myself :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried this! does it provide any coverage? does it last? does it accentuate dry patches? (lots of questions lol) ! 10 years ago I was 16 (I feel so old hahaha) and I didn't own any cosmetics! :O shocking huh?

    drugstoreandbargainlover

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol must have just been me wearing make up young!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Stavroula: with regards coverage, it does offer a fair share and lasts really well. however, i dont recommend such a product for dry skin since it will only accentuate them. for dry skin, it is better to use liquid formulations since powders tend to dry the skin more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Enigma nah, I just got late into the makeup world lol !

    @Lara thanks! :) well I have oily skin, but since I'm weird the skin around my mouth and on the sides of my nose is dry LOL! Thank God my beloved mineral booster doesn't accentuate my dry parts! ;)

    drugstoreandbargainlover

    ReplyDelete