Monthly Favourites: September 2010

My my my how time flies by! Another month has already gone by and with it, it brought new starts: a new season and tomorrow I will start my last year at University which I am very looking forward to and hope it will be a fruitful and successful one *fingers crossed*. In the meantime, let me share my favourite products for this month you ladies :)


Estee Lauder palette ~ I absolutely love this palette! It has neutral colours that go with everything and I have been using it a lot to create a whole lot of Autumnal looks. 

Max Factor Creme Puff ~ with a change of seasons comes a change in make-up routines and now that my skin has lost its tan ;( , I have reverted to using my pressed powder to give my face an even skin-tone.

elf Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 in Malt Shake ~ I have three of these and love all of them, but this month I have used this shade the most especially for day looks since it gives a nice, sheeny hint of red to the lips without being too obvious. I also like layering it on red lipstick for night to give a more intense colour and a glossy finish.

elf Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil in Iconic Ivory ~ having read not so good reviews about elf's Eye Widener, I was glad they had this range of eyeliners delivered and so I bought this one to use as an eye widener and it works perfectly well!

elf Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Black ~ this is my go-to eyeliner to create that perfect thin line and flick as it gives me total control to create the look I want. Furthermore, it stays put all day without smudging or budging!

elf Nail Polish in Rosy Raisin ~ I have been waiting for the Autumn collection of nail polishes from elf forever and when I got them in my last haul, this was the first one I tried and I fell head-over-heels for it! I can sense an Autumn loaded with NOTW featuring this colour!

elf Mineral Lipstick in Natural Nymph ~ another product I have been dying to get my hands on! I really love the nude lip you see in make up and fashion adverts and really wanted to give it a go and see how it works for me. I can say that this lipstick really has what it takes to achieve this look (will post pics when I do a full review about it).

Earrings ~ finally, something different... I bought these two pairs of earrings this month and can't seem to be able to resist putting them on, especially the silver/blue ones. I have a thing for dangly earrings (see photo below), probably owed to the fact that they jazz up any outfit and I nearly always buy a pair or two (or more hehe) whenever I hit the shops, particularly from this Chinese shop called Tenda Costume Accessories. They sell all sorts of quirky and original jewellery at unbeatably cheap prices which still looks as good as the higher priced ones. Also, when I bought these two pairs, I was with the bf and since the owner of the shop happened to know him through work, he even gave me a discount on each of them and got them for €5 instead of €7.90!!! They even pack them in cute pink paper pouches with violet flower and butterfly motifs :)

Here's a sneak-peak into my collection of dangly earrings:


The first pair from the top is from Accessorize, the round pair next to it is from Corfu, the pair under that I bought from a lady who sells them from her home, the green chandelier ones I bought from a random shop, the long black ones are from Peacocks, the second pair from left in the bottom row I also bought from Corfu and they are one of my faves as they have an unusual shape and are crafted from the Olive tree bark; the rest are all from Tenda!

Looking forward to seeing all your monthly faves for September!

Blogger Templates
2 comments on "Monthly Favourites: September 2010"
  1. Nice picks! :) That palette looks so pretty and I really like the earrings!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty indeed Stav! and thanks for liking the earrings :)

    ReplyDelete