MFWA 2015 | Ferragiu' & Nilara Fashion Shows

Date: Monday 11th May 2015
Time: 20:30hrs
Location: Ordinance Street, Valletta (between new Parliament building and Royal Theatre)

Elegant, opulent, rich and sexy are the words that come to mind when I think of yesterday's double bill of excellently executed haute couture creations by Ferragiu' and Nilara. I have nothing but words of praise for both shows - from the exquisite setting and models' choreography to the dresses themselves, both designers have really outdone themselves! 

Ferragiu' presents Renaissance

This was my first time witnessing the capability of Dr. Juliana Scerri Ferrante and I was really looking forward to the show. I wasn't let down and the collection's name is really befitting - many of the garments are reminiscent of baroque Italy (a country with which Dr. Scerri Ferrante has strong ties) and the Renaissance period. I could also see 're-birth' of past trends in other outfits as well such as the tulle under-skirts. Animal prints, lush fabrics, lace and silk details all contributed to make this collection unique and covetable. Should you wish to see the collection again, it will be showcased during Malta's Fashion Gala Event in Rome this July as well as during another fashion event in Monte Carlo later this year.

Makeup (Eva Garden) and hair (Toni & Guy Artistic Team) for this collection was very minimal to allow the dresses to be the stand-out pieces.












All photos by Mark Soler Photography.


Nilara presents Paint It Black

After attending their Christmas reception last year, I was really excited to see what Nilay Topal Camilleri will create for this year's show. From the moment I knew the name of the collection, I knew Mrs. Camilleri will turn me into all-black-everything convert...and may I say, she succeeded! Clever use of sheer fabric, all black embellishments, feather detailing, capes and extraordinary head-dresses are what truly made this show a celebration of elegance at its best in the colour that fits it best - black.

The makeup, which was done using Eva Garden products was more experimental and it reminded me of rock band KISS and it was really fitting with the theme of the collection and the rock music which accompanied the show.











All photos by Mark Soler Photography.


This was by far my favourite show and it met all my expectations! I just wish I had that many occasions to wear every single creation to! Well done to both Dr. Juliana Scerri Ferrante and Mrs. Nilay Topal Camilleri for such wonderful presentations!


1 comment on "MFWA 2015 | Ferragiu' & Nilara Fashion Shows"
  1. Your Blog is awesome to get info, please if you want some business leads so
    MCA Leads

    ReplyDelete