Event | Purple Official Opening

Whenever I go shopping, I always end up in the locales of Valletta or Sliema and I tend to completely forget about other equally fabulous shopping districts such as Birkirkara so when I got an invite to attend the official opening of Purple, it was a little surprising. Nonetheless, I wanted to see what this new brand was all about so of course, I made my way to the shop last Friday evening.

photo by Andre Gialanze

So, Purple, what is it all about? It all started with Sergio and Alexandra moving to Malta from the UK and backed by Alexandra's experience in the fashion industry, they opened this little fashion gem in the very heart of Malta. Alexandra told me that they source the fabrics and design the clothes themselves which are in turn made in Italy. They stock a variety of sizes and their current collection really has something for everyone.


As I stepped foot inside the shop, the first thing that caught my eye is the purple(!) feature wall with a huge Audrey Hepburn decal celebrating what is perhaps her most famous moment - wearing that Givenchy black dress and tiara from the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's. I immediately asked my friend Marija to take a picture of me against this wall and later I learned Sergio admires Audrey Hepburn for her timelessly elegant style.


Of course I had a thorough look at the collection and I immediately started eyeing a lot of things I liked - pretty dresses, embroidered shirts, colourful skirts, all in most of my favourite colours. Overall, the collection boasts a neutral colour palette with occasional brights - in short, very up my alley! Needless to say, I didn't leave empty-handed and I can't wait to show you what I got in the very near future ;)

photo by Andre Gialanze





What's more? You can get everything at 50% off until the end of September so do hurry up! Purple is located in Valley Road Birkirkara and I invite you to like their Facebook page to keep updated with all the latest on their collections! Good luck again to Alexandra and Sergio, I look forward to visiting again very soon!

Bernard Polidano, myself and Marija - photo by Andre Gialanze

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment