Weather Transitions & Pink Flute Sleeves

Transitioning to the colder months is not something that makes me jump with joy - I live on a Mediterranean island and I love summer! There is a part of me that likes coats though and I still think that winter clothes are chicer. To further strengthen my belief, this year's fashion is right up my alley - pretty pinks, daring reds, flute sleeves...


One coat I really look forward to wearing a lot this year is this pink one from Zara. I had originally bought it to wear during Malta Fashion Week but since the weather in May was really hot here, the coat was no longer an option. I even had some pictures taken with the outfit I intended to wear a few weeks before but I never got to share them with you so here they are, on the first day of Autumn! Mind you, it's still a little hot but it's never to early to start looking for new outfit inspiration ;)

These pictures were taken at the Garden of Serenity in Santa Lucija. The garden was open to the public in 1997 and it is a very well preserved example of oriental architecture in Malta - something that is very different to the buildings and construction sites we are used to so much on this tiny island. Although located in a rather busy road, somehow, the garden still manages to evoke feelings of tranquility to everyone who visits - waterfalls, ponds housing Koi fish, Chinese Pagoda like structures... if you're looking for a little zen, this is the place to go! In fact, I love this place so much that we even took pictures for another post that's coming up in the next few days. Special thanks to my dad for taking the pictures :)


Coat, Joggers, Shoes, all Zara | Top, Mango | Earrings, Michael Kors at Sunlab
Bangle, Daniel Wellington at Sunlab | Sunglasses, Marks & Spencer
Bag, ALDO

Knowing that flute sleeves are here to stay and that pink is one of the in colours this season, I breathed a sigh of relief for I really want the make the most out of this pretty number. I paired the coat with a crochet top that I bought a couple of years ago from Mango, a pair of smart joggers from Zara and silver heels, also from Zara. I just love the detail at the back of the shoes - the gold tone and cut-out sides really add interest to it and it works very well with sever pieces in my wardrobe as does the bag; it happens to be one of my favourite purchases from Aldo and even though it's from last year's collection, it is still one I look forward to pairing with several outfits.




How do you feel about winter fashion and moving on to colder days?

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment