Luxury Unboxing | Saint Laurent Envelope Wallet On Chain

Surprises are always welcome, especially when they come in chic, black packaging signed Saint Laurent. My better half is definitely a keeper; he surprised me over the weekend with the YSL wallet on chain that I have had my eyes on for the past few months. He was able to get the last one in black on their website and after just three days (he ordered it on Sunday evening and it was delivered on Wednesday), my baby is finally here!


About Saint Laurent

As much as I love the Italian way of dressing, my heart has always favoured French designers more, maybe because of my love for their capital; thus, YSL or as it has recently been rebranded, Saint Laurent is one of my favourites.

The French fashion house was established in July 1961 by Yves Saint Laurent and his partner Pierre Bergé making it one of the 'youngest' French luxury brands when compared to Chanel, Balmain and Dior for example, yet the brand is intricately etched into the history of Parisian high fashion. The house of Saint Laurent has revolutionised fashion from the very first of their creations and continue to do so to this day. In remembrance of such a legacy, the Fondation Pierre Bergé - Yves Saint Laurent opened a museum last year in the very heart of Paris, housing over 5000 garments, sketches as well as the designer's working tools and some personal artefacts.


Unboxing 

On to the fun part, unboxing! Everything comes packaged in Saint Laurent's signature sleek black box including receipt, return forms, authenticity card, care instructions as well as a personal message from my beau :) The bag originally comes with a styrofoam sleeve around the chain but I have already taken it off.



The designer name of the bag is Saint Laurent Monogram Envelope Chain Wallet In Black Grain de Poudre textured matelassé leather which essentially means that the bag is made out of grained leather and has a quilted texture. I chose the one with silver hardware but it also comes with gold hardware or black chrome hardware. Other colours are also available but since this is my first luxury handbag, I opted for black to make sure I get maximum use out of it.




The bag is the perfect size to carry around when all you need are just a few essentials. I intend to use it mostly for weddings and special occasions so the size is perfect for me. Also, compared to my petite stature it looks perfect. It is made in Italy out of 100% calfskin leather and features a snap front closure.






The inside features one zip compartment, a bill compartment at the very back and 6 card slots. There are no other compartments on the back of the bag. The chain is made out of the same leather as the bag and silver-toned metal. I favoured this strap over the one made entirely out of metal because I think it is more comfortable. The chain is not adjustable but can be removed to use the bag as a clutch. Alternatively, I like the look of the bag when worn across the body for a sportier feel.





What fits inside the bag

Let's have a look at what fits inside the bag now. Having six card slots, I will probably skip carrying around a small wallet but for the sake of this post, I will be using a small card holder just to show you what I can fit. Basically, I can fit my mobile phone (currently Samsung Galaxy S6), card holder or small purse, tissues, one lipstick and keys. I think that is more than enough to carry with me.




That's it for this post :) Do let me know if you have any questions about this bag. I also intend to post an update when I have used the bag enough to be able to address how it wears etc. but in the meantime do let me know what you want to know more about it.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment