Salvaged Beginnings | Parascandalo's latest collection

Even though winter has started to show its gloomy, cold, rainy self, the fashion industry is already in a more joyous state with Spring/Summer 2020 collections gradually being launched. The local fashion scene is no exception and last Friday I had the pleasure of attending Parascandalo’s fashion show entitled Salvaged Beginnings.

Hosted at the MCAST Paola campus, of which the designer himself is an alumnus, the collection draws inspiration from Marco Parascandalo’s hometown of Birgu and aims at reinventing the classics in his own, signature way.



The collection features a monochromatic colour palette with adventurous and strong accents of neon green and purple for the more casual pairings such as hoodies, mini skirts and sportswear. I was surprised to see more elegant pieces from Parascandalo and of course, they were my favourites. I especially loved the two-piece ensemble with the long skirt which I think of it as a modern re-interpretation of the evening gown. I love the way the fabric flows and the metallic accents which add allure to the whole look.




Other favourite pieces were the checkerboard skirts which I can see myself styling very easily and I was happy to see the iconic and much loved ‘faqa' OĦT’ logo make a comeback. Well done Parascandalo for putting together this collection!





Shoes for this show were from ALDO Shoes and sunglasses from Sunglass+Sunglass.
Hair was done by Lee Grixti from Lee's Hairstylist and his assistants and makeup by Elaine Galea and Jean Zammit. 
Catwalk photography by Mark Soler 

Cassandra Spiteri presenting the show, wearing Parascandalo - photo by Justin Ciappara

My outfit for the show, wearing Parascandalo

photo by Justin Ciappara

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment