7 Things to Invest in While Self-Isolating at Home

While shopping may not be on everyone's mind right now, there are those who find solace in retail therapy, and yes, there are a few things which are completely OK to spend money on while self-isolating at home. If we are going to be at home, we might as well do it in style and as comfortably as we can! I have round-up the things which I think we need during this time (apart from food, medicines and the ubiquitous toilet paper of course). Have a read-through and tell me what you think, if you agree or not or if there's anything I might have missed. Here goes!
  • Invest in good quality lounge-wear. I was brought up to change out of my pajamas as soon as I get out of bed and that translated to me wearing matching clothes even inside the house and I never wear ugly clothes just because we are staying home. I also prefer having two or three slippers to match my lounge-wear and sleepwear. Yes I know, I'm extra AF! Bonus tip: there are lots of sales going on online at the moment! Here are some examples of my recent purchases from Boux Avenue.

  • Beautiful surroundings are always more welcoming and as such, now is the best time to buy that little something that will beautify your place - be it a plant, that gorgeous armchair you've been after, anything that will cheer you and your place up!
  • Speaking of, try to support small local business whenever you can, for example, buy a nice bouquet of flowers to give some colour and life to a room (my favourites are from Themaltaflorist), wax melts from My Melts to make your house smell nice, a nice piece of jewellery from MVintage or Yana's Jewellery, healthy foods from Dical House or Mgarr Farms for example. Small businesses are the worst hit with this economic recession so supporting them will mean the world to them, plus most of the time, you are supporting a local product.
My latest purchase from Yana's Jewellery and I got 15% off with code LoveYJ!
Themaltaflorist Bouquets
  • Staying fit and healthy doesn't have to take a back-seat just because you cannot go to the gym anymore. Get out your gear and equipment or buy some if you don't own any and get those muscles working to burn off all the extra food we are eating at home. There are tonnes of videos you can follow for easy workouts and now you have all the time in the world so there really is no excuse.
  • If you have the luxury of a pool at home, buy a nice swimsuit you feel good in and make good use of it. Work on your tan and just relax with a cocktail (Quarantini anyone?) in a space of your own without worrying that you come in contact with potentially infected individuals!
  • Makeup! Yes you read that right! Do you struggle with applying a winged eyeliner for example? Now you have all the time in the world to practice and get it right. If you don't want to spend too much money, look at brands such as Essence & Catrice and practice with their eyeliner pens. They don't cost much and can be bought from pharmacies as well as PAMA, PAVI and even Lucy Makeup Store which can deliver your purchases too!
  • Board games and craft supplies are another thing worth investing it. Not only will they last you throughout the whole of this self-isolation period, but the games will last years, and as for craft supplies, well you can keep little ones entertained and even find a new hobby yourself which you can turn into a small side hustle too!
What do you think of my tips? How are you spending time at home? Stay safe everyone 😊

* Post is not affiliated in anyway with any of the businesses and brands mentioned *

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment