Review: e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Colors

Finally I got my hands on these last month after waiting ages for e.l.f. UK to stock them! Out of the four available shades, I got three, Coral, Tea Rose and Natural.  Praline looked too dark for me so I skipped it.  I have been wearing these lip colours everyday since I got them so I think I am able to provide a thorough review on them. 

Let's start with the packaging!  Each individual crayon comes in a sleek, black, carton box typical of the e.l.f. Studio Line and you get the name and a swatch of the colour on the bottom and top parts of the box.

The tubes are also very sleek and professional looking and the bottom part is coloured accordingly.  Once you pull off the cap, you just have to twist the upper part to get some product out to apply it.  This eliminates the need to sharpen the product.  However, since the product doesn't go all the way down the tube when you twist it back in, this may cause the product to nick when you are putting the cap back on so be careful for that.  The smallish size of these also makes them great to carry around in purses and smaller bags.  You also get quite a good amount of product.

With regards texture, you would expect matte lip colours to feel quite dry and actually dry your lips while you're wearing them.  Well, this is surely not the case with these ones from elf as they feel wonderfully comfortable to wear and not drying at all.  I wouldn't say they moisturize your lips like glossy lipsticks do, but they are just the right amount of creamy to glide on easily without tugging and feel nice on your lips.  They are also insanely pigmented and stay true to their name by staying matte.  They also contain Vitamins A,C & E.  On me, these last for quite a long time so they are definitely keepers in my collection.  Here's a swatch of each of the colours:


Studio Matte Lip Colors: Tea Rose, Coral & Natural

Out of them, Natural is my favourite and the one I wear the most.  I would describe it as a pink-based my-lips-but-better shade that give the lips a boost of colour yet still look natural!

Tea Rose is more of a mauve-purple shade which on me looks darker than Natural but I still like to wear it especially in the evenings.

Originally I wasn't planning on getting Coral but I'm so glad I did! It's the perfect coral for summer and I like how it brightens up a natural make-up look.

I think that is all I have to say about these Matte Lip Colors! I will definitely re-purchase once I run out and maybe elf can come up with more shades! These retail for €4/£3.50 from the e.l.f. cosmetics website.

Have you tried these ladies?

11 comments on "Review: e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Colors"
  1. I think Tea Rose is cute! :)
    Thanks for the review!

    http://cheverlee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Glad you like it Lara :) btw you have a very nice name ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review doll, thanks a lot! Coral and Natural went straight into my elf wishlist! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know Elf released matte lipstick shades! They look great.. I love the coral one especially :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got coral with the 50% off code, can't wait to try it :)) but it's still on its way xD Love the swatch though xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like Coral is the most popular with you girls ;) Let me know what you think of it when you get it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lara, someone is stealing your post over there http://variousnails.blogspot.com/2011/07/review-elf-mineral-booster-in-sheer.html

    So be careful :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for pointing it out Nini and it's not just that post!!!! There are more! I know because someone has already told me earlier this morning. I tried to contact the person responsible but there are no email addresses and I'm not able to post a comment either. Guess I'll have to report the blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for doing the review! If they come out with other shades then I will be purchasing :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you found the review useful Enigma :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know, it's a long time ago you did this, but.... Thank you for the review! My lips and face cannot handle dark and red colors. So I just ordered the coral and the natural ones, and I cannot wait for it to come! Perfect for me to get these the beginning of summer, I will definitely use these A LOT!

    ReplyDelete