Monthly Favourites: June 2012

I'm a bit late on my favourites this month but as they say, better late then never so here they are!


This month I finally got the chop and went back to having short hair! I am loving my new hair 'do as I really needed a change and opted for an asymmetrical bob (pictures will come up shortly in an OOTD post).  That means that mousse is once again my hair's best friend for some volume and my favourite has been the Tresemme 24 Hour Body Volumizing Mousse as it gives my hair some bounce hand holds a style until I wash my hair.  At the beach I have been protecting my tresses against UV rays with Angel Hair Care Summer Shine Spray.  I have also been really enjoying using the e.l.f. Studio Lotion Wipes in Vanilla & Coconut to rid my skin of the drying sea salt and smelling gorgeous at the same time!


As far as make-up goes, in summer I don't wear much make-up but I do like to play up with lip colours and my favourite this month have been Essence Stay With Me Lipglosses in I Like Cotton Candy & My Favourite Milkshake (alone or paired together or the latter paired with Catrice Ultimate Colour Lipstick in The Nuder The Better, another favourite this month), e.l.f. Glossy Gloss in Merry Cherry (for when I want a subtle red lip), Catrice Colour Show Lipgloss in Toast With Champagne.  On my eyes I have really enjoyed wearing this unique gold eyeshadow from Essence called Dance All Night and the Essence Gel Eyeliner in London Baby which is the creamiest gel eyeliner ever and a nice brown shade perfect for everyday! I really like the gel eyeliner brush and I have been applying all my gel eyeliners with it ever since I got it and I think I will have to buy another one soon! The Essence brow gel has been a very good value for money find this month and I hope Essence never discontinue it!


Summer calls for bright coloured nails and I have really been leaning towards neon pinks/corals this month. My favourites were CH Nail Lacquer #18 from Born Pretty Store, a neon coral one from China Glaze (which I got for free at the Malta Trade Fair but I don't have a name for) & China Glaze Princess Grace for when I want something more muted that looks good with a tan.  I have always liked this Maybelline polish because I think it is quite a unique colour and  this month, I found out this is one very hard to find polish and that makes me love it even more!  Orly's Nailtrition has been my favourite base coat ever since I got it and I cannot recommend it enough and as for top coat, this month I discovered the Essence Gel Look Topcoat which makes my manicures last a whole week without chipping. One word of warning though... make sure the polish underneath is fully dry before painting this on other wise you will end up with loads of bubbles on your polish. The studs are from Born Pretty Store and I have been totally obsessed with them and included them in almost every manicure this month!


Lastly, you have seen this in my collective haul and I am including it in my favourites as well :) 


3 comments on "Monthly Favourites: June 2012"
  1. Great idea using the e.l.f. Studio Lotion Wipes at the beach! I don't like it when my skin is super dry because of the sea salt, I'll try these wipes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your new hair :)

    Thanks for letting me know about that moisturiser, I am going to bite the bullet and buy some. Need to find a cheaper store though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop by my blog doll, I gave you an award :D

    ReplyDelete