Confessions Of A Shopaholic | The Effects Of Having A Shopping Addiction

I bet each and everyone of you has at some point in their lives turned to retail therapy to alleviate boredom or stress or simply to celebrate an achievement. I for one am a self-confessed believer in retail therapy and I do like the saying 'whoever said money can't buy happiness clearly didn't know where to shop'!
 
Yesterday, I was contacted by Ms. Allison Morris about a graphic she helped develop for www.onlinepshycologydegree.net which specifically examines the effects of having a shopping addiction after seeing one of my posts. Read on to find out what it is all about!
 
Shopaholics Infographic
 
This graphic has come in really good timing! I have made a resolution this year to try and avoid spending money on unneccessary stuff and save up for better things, say travel. To be honest I was really shocked with certain figures that reflect the extent people will jeopardise their financial well being just for an instant's gratification.
 
Are you a shopaholic? I thought I was one as certain points in the graphic do apply to me but definitely not to the extents shown here! Let me know what you think in the comments :)
 
2 comments on "Confessions Of A Shopaholic | The Effects Of Having A Shopping Addiction"
  1. im not exactly a shopaholic but can get there ahhh thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahah loved the facts! It's true, people just make excuses so they can shop. Going shopping it's a good thing if you don't hurt yourself or others and if you don't feel bad afterwards. =)
    My thing is: when in doubt never choose debt. =P
    *

    J's Beauty Bubble
    J's Beauty Bubble Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete