January Collective Haul

I have started the 2013 on a positive note (for my wallet at least) as I didn't really buy a lot of stuff this month. I know this sounds strange but yeah I'm not that much of a sales person. Don't get me wrong here...I do love a good bargain but I hate having to rummage through rails of carelessly put clothes only to find my size is sold out so January isn't really a good month for me to shop.

I did manage to get some accessories off the River Island online sale. Since it was my first time, I decided to just buy a few accessories and see how it goes. I'm pretty pleased that all mu purchases arrived safe and sound in just over a week and I will definitely be ordering again soon! I got this geometric clutch bag which in my opinion is quite unique yet elegant at the same time and it was down to only £10. I also bought this gold cross bracelet for £3 (I think) and this hand of Hamsa ear-cuff which if I'm not mistaken cost just £1.50. I also treated myself to this cute pair of hair clips from Accessorize which were €8.90 for both.


From ebay I bought two sable Kolinsky brushes for €10.31 and I got a size 0 and a size 1.  The reason they are a little more expensive is because they are made out of natural hair. I am planning to do a nail art tools post soon and I will be going through the different brushes you can find on the market so stay tuned for more details! The nail polish is a gift from my aunt and it's my first ever Sinful Colors polish and the shade is 395 Folly which is a bright pink creme.


Lastly, I bought a back-up of Effaclar Mat moisturizer (€12.14) and I have dropped my guns and decided to try the budget-friendly cosmetic brand MUA or Make Up Academy. They were having a 50% off sale and free sipping code in celebration of their facebook page reaching 50,000 likes. However, the minimum spend was £30 and I really don't need any more make-up so I just skipped the offer and ordered two Lip Booms and a Brow Kit that totalled €17.91 shipping fees included. The Lip Boom shades are It's A Situation and LMK (Let Me Know).


4 comments on "January Collective Haul"
  1. I got one of those lip boom's and while the lipstick is fine I really don't like the gloss side. Has really chunky glitter in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I noticed that...will have to write a full review on them after I test them out thoroughly.

      Delete
  2. Some great products!

    I'm hosting a giveaway on my channel, hope you'll check it out! http://caperepulchra.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/giveaway-illamasqua-nyx-vivo.html

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to place an order at MUA but some of the items I'd like are out of stock :( Going to wait for a bit lol!
    And I agree. I used to go crazy for the sales, but there just seems to be a lot of rubbish, way too many people and ugh it's just a hassle :(
    x

    ReplyDelete