SS14 Makeup Trend | Orange Lips

Orange is all the range this spring/summer season especially as far as lips are concerned. I was reading a post about orange lip products a couple of days ago on Natalie's Beauty Land and she had me rummaging through my stash and I have to admit I was surprised at the amount of orange tinted lip products I own. Since Natalie herself loves orange so much, she has asked me to share my little collection so here it is!

 
Sleek Pout Polish in Bonaire {Caribbean Collection} - the least pigmented of the bunch but with a highly moisturising formula that rivals that of high end products. This tinted lip conditioner provides the lips with SPF15, all round moisture and a slight tint of orange.
 
Catrice Nectar Gloss in C04 Exotica {Coolibri Limited Edition} - a rather thick lip gloss that may come off as sticky but nonetheless feels very nice on the lips. Not much pigmentation here either but it is one of my favourite glosses for this time of year.

Essence Lipgloss in 02 Peach and Mix {Marble Mania Trend Edition} - I really like the look of this gloss in its tube - a marbled mix of orange and cream which show up as a nice shade of light orange on the lips.
 
 
Essence Stay With Me Long Lasting Lip Gloss in 02 My Favourite Milkshake - a light orange lip gloss that looks like a nude peach shade on the lips. Lasts for a long time and feels hydrating on the lips.

Napoleon Perdis Protégé Lip Gloss - this was actually my first orange lip product. I love wearing it to his very day and I like the refreshing mint scent and flavour it carries. Lasting power is average and doesn't feel sticky at all. Very comfortable wear!

Essence Lipstick in 61 I'm A Lobstar! - beautiful shade of orange that's perfect for summer. It has tiny gold shimmer too which will add interest to sun-kissed looks. Smells of vanilla and lasts for a fair few hours. The best part about this? The price tag of course! Essence lipsticks retail for around €2!


Catrice Ultimate Shine Lipstick in 110 Shy Flamingo - one of the most pigmented products in my collection. As much as I love this shade, it has a butter soft formula which melts in the summer heat so I never take this out with me. Luckily, it lasts for a long time.

Pupa Milano Glossy Lips in 401 Lollipop Orange - this is probably my favourite out of the bunch. It has a lacquer-like glossy finish, amazing pigmentation, super moisturising formula and lasts for a good number of hours.

Catrice Color Show Lip Gloss in 070 Light My Fire - the last product in my collection is another amazingly pigmented lip gloss brought to you courtesy of budget brand Catrice. Formula is nice and soft and this too lasts for quite some time.


So, that rounds up my orange lip products collection! What is your favourite orange lip tint?

1 comment on "SS14 Makeup Trend | Orange Lips"
  1. Yay! I feel like a child in a candy shop :D They are all so pretty, especially the Pupa Milano one! And I just noticed its "candy name", just perfect!

    ReplyDelete