MFWA 2016 | Ritienne Zammit presents Je Suis

One of the most anticipated shows during the Mercedes-Benz Malta Fashion is undoubtedly Ritienne Zammit. Known for her distinct take on fashion and incorporating political and current matters as well as elements of Maltese culture into her collections, Ritienne has established herself as one of Malta's designers catering for those that want that something edgy and different.

I always enjoy Ritianne's collections as it is clear that they are always well researched and she clearly puts a lot of effort into whatever she comes up with. In fact, I loved last year's collection so much that I ended up buying a crop top form it (which of course I wore to yesterday's show). This year's collection, Je Suis is no exception. As soon as I learnt the name of the collection, a number of issues that could be translated into fashion have crossed my mind but I wanted to keep all doors open and let Ritienne surprise me. And most certainly, surprise me she did!

The collection revolves around addictions and obsessions to sympathize with individuals with such conditions. The show set-up was somewhat dark as is the theme and fabrics used, with famous paintings such as the likes of Caravaggio printed on them as well as dollar signs and images portraying sexual imagery to create a collection that embodies man's most common addictions and obsessions. It is high time that someone starts to address these issues, bravissima Ritienne!






All photos by Neil Psaila Photography
 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment