Laser Hair Removal at Persona Med-Aesthetic Clinic

Currently I seem to be constantly juggling to fit in some me-time in my crazy busy life - between work shifts and some part time work and now with Fashion Week in full swing, it comes as no surprise that when Persona offered me the chance to have a laser hair removal session at their premises, I immediately accepted.

Thus, last Friday afternoon, I made my way to the clinic in Ta' Xbiex where I was immediately greeted with a smile by the front office personnel and a few moments later, I got to meet Mr. John Cauchi, the Med-Aesthetic and Surgical Sales Executive,  who showed me around the premises.

Persona is not a new name on this blog but for those who have just joined the Beauty Addicts' gang, here is a little introduction to what Persona Med-Aesthetic Centre is all about. The clinic is located in a quiet, albeit central area of Ta' Xbiex and it has been open for six years, offering a vast range of cosmetic treatments including (but not limited to) laser hair removal, botox injections and some beauty treatments and massages. The clinic has now expanded its services and two years ago, they opened a small operating theatre on the upper floor where cosmetic surgeries and minor operations are carried out. On the same floor, are two bedrooms (one single bedded and a twin bedded one) which offer patients total comfort and better, personalised care following a procedure. I was really impressed with the cleanliness and high level of hygiene all throughout the clinic, which ultimately also contributes to outstanding patient care. The clinic also offers services of a GU Clinic and hair transplants among other services and all doctors are specially trained in their area.

The upstairs operating theatre
The twin-bedded room

On the lower floor, there are the consultation rooms and laser treatment rooms as well as a smaller operating theatre where minor dermatological procedures are carried out and a beauty room where massages, manicures, pedicures, waxing and facials are done.

The treatment room where I had my laser hair removal session done

Following my tour of the clinic, I was introduced to Dr. Corinne Wood, my laser doctor for the day. We started with a consultation which would normally take 30 minutes including a patch test but since I have already done laser hair removal, we just skimmed through the procedure and went ahead with the treatment. I chose to have my arms treated.

The machine used is the state of the art Elite+ from Cynosure which cools the skin down during the lasing session so as to minimise discomfort and pain. I found this to be very effective as I didn't feel any pain whatsoever. How did we know the treatment worked? My skin turned a little (which is normal) and it's great that I didn't feel a thing! Of course I got to wear special safety glasses to prevent damage to my retinas and Aloe Vera gel was applied to soothe my skin post-treatment. Dr. Wood also took the time to explain post-treatment care and I can say that it was a very positive experience.

I would really like to thank Persona Med-Aesthetic Centre for this opportunity and I would highly recommend their services especially if you do not tolerate the pain that comes with laser hair removal.

Check out their website and Facebook page for more details about their services.

Laser Hair Removal session was complimentary. All views and opinions are my own, based on my personal experience.
All pictures from the Persona Med-Aesthetic Centre website.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment