Sheer Elegance

Last Saturday, one of my long-time friends got married to her beau in the very beautiful, marine themed wedding. Since it is scorching hot in July, I went for this gorgeous midnight blue floor-length gown that I had bought from Dorothy Perkins a couple of years ago. The blue and silver combination is what made me fall in love with this dress as well as the sheer pleated skirt. Barely there sandals are one of my preferred shoes styles primarily for their elegance (but not so much for comfort) so of course I paired my dress with this silver number from Aldo Shoes & Accessories.

For makeup, I went for a soft pink and grey combination and my hairdresser surpassed all expectations with a side French braid half up - half down look. Here are some photos we managed to capture in between the church service and the wedding reception. 





Dress, Dorothy Perkins | Sandals, Aldo
Clutch bag, mum's | Earrings, Sif Jakobs at 202 Jewellery
Ring, Viventy at 202 Jewellery
Bracelet, Morellato at Sunlab | Watch, DKNY at Sterling Jewellers

5 comments on "Sheer Elegance"
  1. Oh that dress is gorgeous. Love the sheer skirt and the back especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty in that dress..
    http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like this dress, very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your nice comments :)

    ReplyDelete