Review | Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics

Urban Decay are proof that you can re-invent nude over and over and it never gets boring! Meet the Ultimate Basics Palette, the latest addition to the ever popular Naked range.


Once again, Urban Decay took the beauty world by storm with their latest releases. Of course I bought the Naked Ultimate Basics as soon as it became available on feelunique.com and I haven't skipped a day of using this palette, even the very day I received it! The palette was a cheat birthday present from me to me as I am planning on my buying my first designer shoe as a birthday and Christmas gift so I said I wasn't going to buy anything but of course I couldn't resist not getting this palette - I know you understand me don't you?

Rambling over, here is a look at the packaging of the palette - it comes in a metallic rose gold box with the eyeshadows pictured at the top and bottom and also on the back. The palette itself is presented in a matte rose gold compact with shiny details such as the name and some of the lines. The design is three-dimensional and goes down to the sides of the palette. On opening the palette, there is a large mirror on one side and an array of twelve eyeshadows on the other along with a small, double ended brush. Contrary to the other Naked palettes which have a rectangular format, this one has a square layout.



The only disappointment I have with this palette, is that Urban Decay claims all twelve shades are matte but I can see some shimmer in 3 of them. However, all shades are beautiful and range from nudes to pinks, creams to grey and black - possibly every shade you could ever need. All of them have excellent pigmentation (except for Nudie and Commando which require more swipes for the colour to show) and last all throughout the day.

Here is a closer look at all of the shades (swatched without primer):


Blow - shimmery pearl beige
Nudie - matte soft pink nude
Commando - matte light taupe


Tempted - matte pale brown
Instinct - matte taupe with pink undertones
Lethal - matte red-brown


Pre-Game - matte pale yellow
Extra Bitter - matte burnt orange
Faith - matte warm brown


Lockout - matte rich brown
Magnet - smoky grey with subtle silver shimmer
Blackjack - matte rich blackened brown

There's really not much more to say about this palette other than if you only get one UD Naked palette, make it this one - it has everything you could ever need if you like nude eyeshadows and it's great for travelling! Now I'm waiting for the Full Spectrum palette to make its way home to me ;)

Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics is available for sale on feelunique.com at €49.28.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment