Review: e.l.f. Therapeutic Conditioning Lip Balm in Vanilla Creme

Hello cupcakes! I'm back with another elf review and this time, it concerns the Therapeutic Conditioning Lip Balm in Vanilla Creme from their essential line.  I got this a few months back as I needed a lip balm that I could carry with me and use without having to stick my finger in it etc.  There are three other flavours to choose from, but like I always do when vanilla is listed as an option, I opted for it ;)

When I got the package, the lip balm was packaged in the usual way as the elf essential make-up is and to be honest, I expected it to be a bit bigger.  However, when you twist all of the contents up, you get a fair amount of product so I cannot complain.  Furthermore, I have been using this quite a lot and there is still a good amount of product left over.  The actual packaging is pretty plain and standard so nothing special there.  A quick word on the twist-up mechanism... when I twisted the whole product up for this review and then tried twisting it back down into the tube, I had to help the lip balm myself by pushing it back with my finger; so be careful here.

What I like most of this lip balm is the scent and the fact that being so small, it can easily fit in the smallest of purses.  Considering I love the scent so much I'm constantly licking it off my lips, this product does a good job of staying on at least an hour so I'm pretty pleased with that too.

On the other hand, what bothers me is that when I apply it on my lips, it doesn't go on clear but it leaves a whitish residue behind so I don't even dare to wear it on its own.  Other than that, it feels very moisturizing on my lips and leaves them feeling oh so soft. 

You can get yours from the elf cosmetics website here.

EDIT: I have recently thrown this away as it was making my lips burn on application so I will not be repurchasing it

13 comments on "Review: e.l.f. Therapeutic Conditioning Lip Balm in Vanilla Creme"
  1. I have this and I've nearly used it all up, love this one and the Strawberry one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"ve not tried this yet looks lovely though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is in fact one of my favourite lip products in my collection... think I will try the others too hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for the review lara, Does it compare to vaseline? Because I'm like a freak when it comes to moisturisingness with my lip balms xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really does compare to the conventional vaseline (the one in the tub) as it feels silky smooth on the lips and moisturizes them really well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. awh thank you so much I think I'll get the orange one then :D thank you ever so much <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have strawberry and blackberry and I looove them! I'm very bad at remebering to use lip products and I put this on before I go to bed and in the morning my lips still are soft. I sleep like a tumble dryer so it's impressive that not the balm is all over on my sheets instead of my lips. :)

    The strawberry one leaves a little bit of pink colour if I put on too much but if I try to avoid that it just makes my lips look shiny and more... lippy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The same happens to me when I put too much of this on but instead of pink, I'm left with white lips lol so lippy and gloss solve the problem ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this too and love it so much I want to get them all now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the review, it has been in my wishlist but I couldn't decide whether to buy it or not! I'll get it next time but maybe a coloured one since it leaves colour on lips. :) Thanks for following my blog, it means a lot <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. You follow mine... why shouldn't I follow yours? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really want to try this! Might add it to the long list of things already in my shopping cart! Oh ELF, you're addictive. x

    ReplyDelete