Milan Outfit Diaries

One of the things I always freak out about when travelling is which clothing items I am going to pack with me, and most of the time, the choice revolves around any new items I have acquired in the days leading up to the trip. Yes, you guessed it; more often than not, I end up buying new clothes just to take with me here or there and of course, Milan was no exception.

Being a fashion capital, I really didn't want to get it wrong and we all know how stylish northern Italians tend to be. I this post, I am going to share with you three outfits I wore during the day. One special dress is missing from this post but I will show you the outfit in better detail in an upcoming post.

Outfit #1 - Of Ruffles & Western Details

For our first day I opted for a comfy ensemble as we had to catch a flight of course. I took this River Island coat with me which proved to be a life saver against the cold temperatures and since it keeps me so warm, I could get away with something light underneath. Of course I had to wear my new Italian leather Zara Chelsea boots to lend an otherwise girly outfit an androgynous edge. The western buckle belt further gives the outfit an edge as does the demi-tucked shirt. To top it off, I chose wear a cloche hat and this tassel detail cross-body bag. Pictures were captured at Parco Sempione.

Printed Ruffle Blouse, H&M | Coated denims, Promod
Coat, River Island | Real leather chelsea boots, Zara
Western buckle belt and tassel flip-over cross-body bag, both River Island
Felt cloche hat, H&M




Outfit #2 - A Colourful Melange

Me and my boyfriend both enjoy going to museums and sightseeing and whenever we are abroad, we try to take in as much as possible from the place we're visiting. In fact, we dedicated our second day entirely to sightseeing and some shopping of course. I wanted something colourful and vibrant for a day in the city and have to say I am really pleased with how this outfit turned out. I think the scarf really brought it all together. The heeled boots are one of the comfiest pairs I own so I had no issues after a full day of walking around the city. My favourite pieces from the outfit are without a doubt the colourful scarf which I bought in Munich last month and the Tommy Hilfiger x Gigi Hadid bag which my boyfriend gifted me for Christmas. Pictures taken at Colonne di San Lorenzo and Galleria Vittorio Emmanuele II.

Down feather jacket and emerald green roll neck sweater, both Zara
Denims, Charles & Ron | Boots, Nine West
Scarf and gloves, both H&M | Felt cross-body bag, Tommy Hilfiger x Gigi Hadid
Necklace, Fossil at Sunlab




Outfit #3 - Modern Day 90's

We spent the first half of our last day in the picturesque city of Como where the temperatures were a little colder than in Milan so layering was of course a must. I opted for the same Charles & Ron denims and Zara real leather boots from the days before just because they are so comfortable and I took the opportunity to wear this new merino mix top (also bought in Munich last month) and my new River Island bomber jacket. I also had the same coat from day 1 but I took it off just to 'show-off' the beautiful embroidery on the jacket. I finally found a bomber jacket that I like and with the choker and dark red lips, I felt I was reviving my 90's self. Pictures were taken at Como.

Bomber jacket and choker, both River Island
Merino wool mix cable knit sweater, H&M (L.O.G.G.) | Denims, Charles & Ron
Chelsea boots, Zara | Earrings, I AM
Glasses, Dolce & Gabbana at Optika


The rest of our last day was spent in Milan, where we attended the Manolo Blahník exhibition, visited the Duomo and dined at Nobu in the evening. I will show you what I wore to Nobu in another post and I was also requested to write about my dining experience there so I'll be sure to write about that too :)

Which was your favourite outfit? Should I do travel outfit diaries more often or do you prefer a separate post for each outfit? Leave your comments below :)

1 comment on "Milan Outfit Diaries"
  1. Lovely outfits and location!
    http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete