Unboxing Burberry Classic Check Cashmere Scarf with Monogram

Those of you who follow me on Facebook and Instagram know that I have treated myself to one of the Classic Cashmere scarves from Burberry for my birthday and some have even asked to see what it looks like. Well, without further ado, here's an unboxing post!

I have been eyeing the scarves for quite some time and after consulting my dearest friend who already owns one, I decided to get one too :) Of course I had it monogrammed (no extra cost) to add a personalised touch. I chose Stone Check as my main colour and Parade Red for the monogram. I chose the Gift Packaging option (also free) which meant gold carton on the inside of the delivery box and a ribbon tie made from the same material as Burberry's trench coats. In my case, the ribbon was red which I think is the perfect complement to the scarf colours.



I ordered the scarf at 10:30 in the morning and after just 6 hours, I received a despatch email and everything was delivered via UPS the next day, how's that for efficiency?! Upon opening the box, there was the gift-wrapped scarf together with two matching envelopes bearing the embossed Burberry house name logo in gold, containing a card and the order note. I just can't stop stroking the scarf - it's oh so soft!! And the monogramming has been executed to perfection! It's my new favourite accessory!




Here's a little history of the Burberry scarf and what goes on into the making of this iconic heritage piece. The scarf originated in an unexpected manner and it all dates back to 1967 in the Parisian Burberry boutique. As it so happened, the manager at the boutique felt frustrated at the monochromatic khaki pattern of the trench coats on display at the store so she turned up the cuffs to expose the Burberry 'house check'. Subsequently, customers began asking for the plaid pattern on other items, hence, the luxurious cashmere Burberry scarf was born.


Burberry scarves are crafted 100% from the finest cashmere in a 200-year-old mill in Scotland. Using 30 different steps, the scarf is woven on traditional looms. The fabric is then washed in local spring water and carefully brushed with teasels for a super-soft finish. The video below gives a brief insight into the production process:


I feel lucky to own such an iconic piece and look forward to wearing it for many years to come. 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment