Comparative Review: Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer ~ vs ~ Essence Stay Natural Concealer

Concealer is one of the most important elements of a good make-up base. It is of utmost importance to find our perfect colour match otherwise, whatever you are trying to conceal might become more obvious. In this post, I will be comparing the two concealers I use.





I have been using this concealer for years on end and it did it's job pretty well so far. I like the lipstick-like style of this concealer and as you can see from the picture, it's pretty small so that you can carry it around with you. The downside (for me at least) is that I apply with a concealer brush and therefore I have to carry the brush with me for touch-ups.

The formulation is quite creamy and blends with my skin really well. I like the fact that there are four shades to choose from however, I find that the lightest shade, Ivory (the same name as my Rimmel Foundation) is very light on my skin; so I opted for the third shade, Soft Honey 103. The colour is a bit dark but on blending, it hides blemishes perfectly well.

In terms of product amount, you get 4.5g or 0.15 oz net weight. I can't remember the price but it wasn't really an expensive concealer. It has a 24 months expiry period.

Essence Stay Natural Concealer Soft Beige 01


A couple of months ago, I bought this concealer to try a different formulation.

Although there are only two shades in the Essence concealer range, I find that this one blends better with my skin tone than the Rimmel one.

This concealer comes in a twisting base tube. All you need are a couple of twists to get the product out, that way you won't get any product wasted. Then you just put the concealer on the area you want to cover and blend it in with your fingers. As you might have correctly guessed, this concealer is a liquid one.

With respect to carrying the concealer with me, this one is more practical because it has its own brush applicator.

Again, I cannot remember how much I bought this concealer for but I don't remember paying much for 1.5ml or 0.05fl.oz of product. It has a 6 month expiry period.

I still use both of these concealers and due to the differences in shades, I use the Essence one in winter and the Rimmel one in summer when my skin is slightly darker.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment