Review: Essence The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 2 Trend Edition {November 2012}

Essence Cosmetics have come out with The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 2 Trend Edition well before the November release date. I couldn't skip trying out a few products from this Trend Edition because (i) I had really enjoyed all the products I got from the Vampire's Love Trend Edition released last November (check out the collection here) and (ii) I love the Twilight Saga. 


Last week, I went to Rotunda Pharmacy in Mosta and luckily for me, most of the products were still available.  So this is what I got:


Shimmer Powder in 01 Bella's Secret

This shimmer powder contains pigments that give the skin a beautiful sheen when the light hits it. I like to apply it lightly just on top of my cheekbones, along my nose and on my cupid's bow.  It lasts till I take it off and it didn't break me out. The texture is very silky and the product carries a faint sweet smell that goes away on application.  The product is very pigmented so I suggest using a light hand when applying it and your best bet here is a fan brush. Although made of plastic, the packaging feels quite sturdy. 
Shimmer Powder retails at €3.30 for 11g of product and is only available in one shade.



Shimmer Powder in 01 Bella's Secret (left)
Lipstick in 01 A Piece Of Forever

Lipstick in 01 A Piece Of Forever
I was curious about this gold lipstick and the colour is precisely what lured me into buying it.  I also like the black packaging that apart from staying true to the theme of this Trend Edition, it makes the lipstick more expensive than it actually is.  The transparent band at the centre makes for easier identification.  The lipstick contains gold shimmers that instantly give the lips a nice shimmery appearance and it can also be layered over other lipsticks for some lustre.  It feels very mosturising on the lips and you need reapplying every 2 or so hours. 
This is the only shade of lipstick available in the collection and it retails for €2.70 for 4g of product.


Nail Polishes in 01 Jacob's Protection & 03 A Piece of Forever
I didn't get all the nail polishes this time because I already have similar shades to the two I skipped on. The formula and the brush of the two I got are very easy to work with and the glitter in 01 Jacob's Protection is evenly distributed and doesn't feel gritty.
01 Jacob's Protection is a midnight blue base with lots of blue, green and purple fine glitter
02 Alice Had A Vision Again is a dark purple with silver shimmer
03 A Piece Of Forever is a shiny yellow golden colour
04 Edward's Love is a black base with silver shimmer
Nail Polishes retail for €2.20 for 8ml of product


03 A Piece Of Forever (left) & 01 Jacob's Protection

I skipped on the other products in the collection for various reasons but I basically saw swatches of the products online and they didn't appeal to me as much as I thought they would. For example, the blush looks really red and I don't see me wearing it. Moreover, I already have similar shades for the lipglosses and pigments and lastly I don't really use glitter eyeliners so I overlooked them altogether.

Did you get anything from this collection? Anything you have your eyes on?

2 comments on "Review: Essence The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 2 Trend Edition {November 2012}"
  1. What are in those little things at the front? Look almost like a mini blood vial.
    The blue polish looks nice, nothing too special but pretty all the same :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are testers for the pigments actually :P

      Delete