Monthly Favourites | October

Which products did I enjoy the most during October? Read on to find out!

First up is a new product which I have had for some time but I only got to use it now. I am speaking of NYX Eye/Eyebrow Pencil in the shade 940 Black Glitter. I don't see myself using this on my brows but it is a nice alternative to the usual black eye pencil for special occasions because it has a good glitter payoff. I have been using this for the various events I was invited to this month for a fun yet subtle change. I like the pigmentation and staying power so thumbs up NYX!


Whenever I want neutral eye makeup, I tend to reach for brown shades, especially during the day. My favourite eye pencils are both from Catrice and they are the Kajal Designer 150 Up&Brown&Up&Brown... and the Long Lasting Eye Liner Pen Stay On! 070 Puddle of Mudd. The Kajal Designer has proven to be a favourite to create a subtle smoky look like we learnt during the Biocare Makeup Workshop (read all about it here) because it is very easy to blend due to its creamy texture.
 
Another product I have to share with you is the Catrice Camouflage Cream. I had wanted to purchase this for a long time, then Davinia's review came along and totally convinced me to get this and I think it was the best €3.40 I have ever spent! The creamy consistency is comparable to that of the NYX Concealer in a Jar but it is less thick. I mainly use this to conceal minor skin imperfections and it lasts all day without fading or budging. I am in the shade 010 Ivory which matches my skin tone perfectly.
 
 
Speaking of skin imperfections, another favourite product this month is the Vichy Normaderm Hyaluspot which is a targeted corrector for pimples with the intention of leaving no scars whatsoever on your skin. It is a clear gel which you can use under makeup if you like as it forms a barrier over the imperfection and heals it quite rapidly. If you have read my review, you would know I think it is one of the best skin care products I have ever tried.

The Body Shop never fail to amaze me with their products and the Brazil Nut Beautifying Oil is no exception. It leaves the skin silky smooth and I like to use it after a shower to lock in moisture. The smell is divine and it has fast become a staple product in my stash!
 
Next up is a hair product. I have very fine hair that gets oily very easy depending on what products I use to style it etc; so when I got this Schwarzkopf Bonacure Hair Therapy Oil Miracle in my goodie bag from the Dean Gera Hair Care opening event, I was very sceptical on using this on my own hair for fear that it will turn oily overnight. However, after seeing Steph's review and experience with this product, I decided to give it a go. Why didn't I try it before??? It left my hair super soft and manageable and gave me much better results when I straightened my hair!

Two new favourite hair products are the Philip Kingsley Moisture Balancing Shampoo and Conditioner. I only have these in sample size (quite generous I have to say) since they were given to me at the Philip Kingsley launch last week. I have only used them a couple of times so far and I have already seen a difference in the way my hair looks and feels. I have some products on my wishlist from the brand and I can't wait till I am able to buy them!


More beauty favourites, I have three lip products, namely M&S Limited Collection Lipstick in Grape and Lipgloss in Wine and NYX Lipstick LSS619 Flower. They all feel very moisturising on the lips and I like to pair the two M&S products for a shimmery plum lip.

 
My favourite blush this month has to be Essence Souffle Touch Blush in the shade 030 Cold Wildberry which gives me a nice, healthy pink tone on my cheeks. It blends nicely with my skin and I find that the best brush to apply it with is the E.L.F. Studio Small Stipple Brush.
 
This month I also have a non-beauty favourite. I think most of you would have guessed it's the Michael Kors watch Johan gave me for my birthday :) I love it and I wear it almost everyday!
 

So that's it for my October favourites ladies :) Any new products you liked trying out during the first Autumn month?

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment