Brand Spotlight | piCture pOlish

Following nail art accounts on Instagram, reading nail blogs and being part of a nail polish community on Facebook, it is only a matter of time before I succumb to try new brands of polish or nail art ideas. My latest venture was to give Australian nail polish brand piCture pOlish a try.


Swatches all over Instagram are what lured me in to get a few shades to try out the brand and so far, I was positively impressed. 

First things first - the website design and layout. I found the website to be very user friendly and everything is easily accessible. Apart from an extensive range of fashionable colours, there are also MoYou London stamping plates and NailVinyls for sale.

I like that you can browse the nail polish shades in alphabetical order or if you want to narrow it down, you can always go by finish or type. Each polish is clearly swatched and what you see on screen is what you will get in your package.

Since I was only trying the brand for the first time, I selected four shades, went ahead to create an account and checked out my order. I received confirmation of my order and payment just a day after and the package shipment notification followed. In just two days, I had my pretties delivered via DHL courier and I have to admit I was impressed with how fast delivery was, considering they came all the way from Australia!

The polishes were securely wrapped in bubble wrap and they even came in a cute small damask print black bag with a sticker bearing the company logo. I think that adds a nice touch :) The polishes themselves come in square glass bottles that hold 11ml of nail varnish and on the front they each have a verse relating to the actual name of the polish. As The Girls (who manufacture the polish say), every shade tells a different story, hence the name piCture pOlish! Clever right?

Let me show you the shades that I got:

Blogger ~ the sparkliest of the bunch, this is a dense mix of pink, red, blue, gold and silver large hex and tiny round glitter.


Grace ~ a delicate shade of baby pink with holographic shimmer.


Monroe ~ a pink/red based plum with holographic shimmer.


O'hara ~ a true scarlet red with holographic shimmer.


The brushes are a very good size and the pigmentation is very good - two thin coats are enough for full opacity and the polishes dry fairly quick. I must say that I am impressed with the quality of these polishes and on me they last for five days before I can see tip wear. Chipping occurs after six days of wear on me.

All piCture pOlish shades are made exclusively in Australia, and contain no fragrances or flavours. They are 5 free, vegan and cruelty free, what's not to love?!

The colours retail for AU$10 - AU$12 and the company has a 'minimum 3 bottles per order' policy and all the shipping terms are made clear in their Shipping and Returns section. I paid AU$32 in shipping as I had four bottles but I was happy to do so as delivery is always signed for and the company ships to a number of international destinations (**as of 2015, the brand has to revise prices so they maybe subject to change**).

Would I buy again? Definitely! I love the colours and the bottles with the little verses and all and the quality of the polishes is also something I like. I would keep purchases from the site as a treat though because of the shipping fee but I do recommend you treat yourselves to some piCture pOlishes!

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment