Monthly Favourites: May 2011

Time for monthly faves again ladies! This month, I have really been loving my neutrals (and not wearing any foundation when possible) so that is basically what you will see in this post. I have also included some accessories I have been wearing over and over again, so let's start with the make-up: 


e.l.f. Studio Warm Bronzer ~ with the natural look being more favoured this month, I have been opting for this bronzer more frequently as it gives a nice glow without making me look OTT.

e.l.f. Studio Complexion Perfection ~ I have hit pan badly on this and I will definitely repurchase it! It's a must have in any make-up bag!

e.l.f. Mineral Lipstick in Natural Nymph ~ I have really been using this lipstick a lot either on its own or in combination with other lip products.

Cover Girl Trio in Cafe au' Lait ~ my favourite neutral eyeshadows... I had used up the second shade and the last shade happened to get smashed after I managed to drop the compact so now I'm only left with the brown shade :( P.S. I have also managed to smash half of my Max Factor Creme Puff, e.l.f. Desert Haze nail polish and another no name nail polish + the afore mentioned eyeshadow in less than 24 hours last weekend... definitely not a favourite!

e.l.f. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 in Goddess ~ My favourite lip gloss when it comes to the natural look as I find it gives my lips a nice hint of colour without looking too obvious.

Rimmel Extra Super Lash Mascara in Black Black ~ I finished my e.l.f. Lengthening and Defining mascara so I have been using this instead and so far, I'm loving the results. I will definitely get more of the elf mascara though.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Minerals Loose Powder Foundation in 100 Ivory ~ when I just want a little coverage, I have been using this foundation more lately and I re-discovered how much I really love it!

Barry M Shimmering Body Creme in Golden Reflects ~ I like the creamy texture of this product and I have been using it mostly in the inner corner of my eyes for definition.

e.l.f. All Over Color Stick in Persimmon ~ the versatility of this product is what makes it a firm favourite of mine! I use it on my lips, on my cheeks and even on my eyes for a put-together-without-much-effort look!

e.l.f. Shimmer Eyeliner Penicil in Boldly Bronzed ~ what better way to stay natural looking and accentuate your eyes than with a shimmery bronze pencil?

e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner in Metallic Olive & Midnight ~ I love the staying power of these creme eye shadows from elf. In fact I'm planning on getting more shades cos I love them so much! 

I have also been enjoying my first China Glaze polish... Awakening. I'm still in awe at how this polish 'changes' colour according to the angle at which light hits it. Here are a couple of photos:


Left: full colour mani; Right: used the same polish for the flowers' centres

With regards accessories, I have been really enjoying wearing the following items:



Anchor earrings, blue and purple rhinestone encrusted cuff, shoes from Marks & Spencer and my New Look cross-body bag.

What were your favourites this month ladies?

10 comments on "Monthly Favourites: May 2011"
  1. Hi thats really helpful i love your blog could you follow mine im just starting up and share you opinion please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just followed you hun :) xx glad you like my blog and thanks for your comment :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those nail polishes are so pretty :)

    Quick question, what powder foundation would you suggest, that's affordable, pref drugstore, has alright coverage, and great for lazy days? I cbs putting on liquid in the mornings, I want something I can just dust quickly over my T zone on the train without it being messy. Thanks in advance :D

    I've been loving my Missha BB Cream, it's a powder/matte finish, and it's got everything; coverage, lasting power, SPF. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment :)

    Hmmm, I think it's a bit tricky to find a powder foundation with just the right amount of coverage and which isn't messy. I think it is better to opt for a compact foundation especially if you need to apply it on the go and if you want a somewhat good coverage. Hope this helps but since I have never used this type of foundation, I cannot really recommend a particular one :(

    The Rimmel one works for me when my skin needs to be perked up a little but it doesn't give a high coverage.

    With regards, the BB Cream, I have been eyeing the Missha ones but I'm not sure about them making me look white in summer lol. How do you like yours? and what is it's exact name please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try the complexion perfection- sounds like its definitely worth a shot. What does it do for you exactly, just even out the skin tone? I'm hoping it'll slightly combat oil too- with the weather heating up in Malta its really getting too hot for foundation! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there!

    Well apart from neutralizing my skin tone, it is a great setting powder without looking cakey and I like to either use it to set my tinted moisturizer these days or even just use it without any foundation/tinted moisturizer what so ever and I'm ready to go!

    It does help keep my skin oil free for longer and it's sleek enough to pop in my bag along with a little face sponge (those circlular ones you get with pressed powder) for touch ups on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My boyfriend helped me out a lot, never been good at these kinds of things. Linking pages is something i dont know how to do, i think its so difficult. But im trying to learn how to do it but i think thats going to take some time haha. Im sorry that i cant help you out, i can ask my boyfriend and maybe he can write down some tips for you :)

    Xoxo Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your prompt reply Christine!! I think I'm getting the hang of things lol with YouTube in the background :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heyy! I've been reading your blog for a while- it's awesome- but without being able to contribute so now I've finally got my own I can. Woo!

    I especially agree with you about the Elf Color Stick - I have one in Spotlight, and it essentially does everything; highlighter, eyeshadow base, you name it. Please do a June one too if you have time! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Emma! That's great news, I appreciate every contribution on this blog and thank you for reading :) Elf have some really great products! I will do a June faves for sure... I do favourites for every month actually :) xxx looking forward for more of your comments xxx

    ReplyDelete