Review | The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil

During our cruise stop on the Greek island of Corfu last July, we had ample time for shopping and I guess we were in luck as most of the shops had sales going on; The Body Shop was one of them! I had a browse around the shop and one of the products I bought was this Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil.

Cleansing oils are fast gaining popularity and they are busting the myth that if you have oily skin you have to steer clear of them. On the contrary, they seem to work better than foaming cleansers that strip your skin of all forms of moisture. The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil seemed like a good place to start my venture into the world of cleansing oils, particularly because it is suitable for sensitive skin.

The product comes in a 200ml pump dispenser bottle and claims to 'effortlessly lifts away impurities and even removes waterproof makeup'. You are meant to apply the oil circular movements on dry skin to dissolve away all makeup, add water to emulsify and rinse off.

I have really taken a fancy to this product especially when I am travelling as it means I don't have to carry a cleanser and makeup remover but this on its own is enough! Also, the pump can be opened and closed so there is no issue with the product ending up all over the place.

Of course it has a light camomile scent but I haven't experienced any irritation whatsoever yet. I like how it takes off all my waterproof mascara even if it means I have to look like a panda for a few instances before I rinse everything off! It literally melts everything off!

After using this product, my skin feels thoroughly clean, soft and well hydrated. I do feel that I have to rinse with copious amounts of water though to remove all of the oil. However, I tend to resort to using this cleansing oil only when I am wearing heavy makeup. For the other days, I like to stick to my micellar water gel which is just as effective but less dense.

All in all, I think this is a product I would write home about because it does what it says, in a very effective manner! 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment