Products Worth The Hype | Part 1 - High End

When new makeup products hit the market, us beauty bloggers are usually the first to go out and get them before anyone else does. Truth is sometimes we fork out a good amount of money only to find that the product in question is a total let down.

However, there are some products that are surrounded with insane hype even before they are released and people continue to talk about them long after because they are actually worth the wait and money. In this post I shall be talking about such products that I have in my stash (after giving in to the pressure).

Urban Decay Naked 3 and Naked Smoky Palettes | Cost: €54.73/£38

Urban Decay is my favourite brand for eyeshadows and I am the proud owner of the Naked 3 and Naked Smoky palettes. These do come at a price at almost €55 per palette but I still think they are worth the money considering each eyeshadow comes down to less than €5 as opposed to the single ones that retail for €19.

If like me, neutrals are your favourite eyeshadows, these palettes are a must-have and I am a big fan of the texture and colour ranges which in my opinion is what makes these palettes worth all the money.


MAC Cosmetics Prep+Prime Fix+ Refreshing Mist | Cost: €18/£17

There are a gazillion and one ways in which you can use this product at that already justifies anyone buying it. However, I don't think €18 for a product that can be used in so many different ways classifies exactly as being so expensive that it has to be justified. I am not going to go into all the ways you can use this but I am just going to say that I love using it as a primer and fixer and it works wonders even the summer heat!


MAC Cosmetics Lipsticks | Cost: €19 each/£15.50 each

Another very much hyped about product from MAC are their lipsticks. I am guilty of buying a lipstick or two or three each time I visit MAC and I seriously can't get enough of them - pigmentation, staying power, colour range, various finishes; they have all the ingredients for the perfect lipstick range! They may come across as expensive to some at €19 a pop but even when compared to more expensive lipsticks I have, they cannot be beaten. Honestly. Not to mention they sort of set a gold standard for red lipsticks with Ruby Woo and Russian Red.


Christian Louboutin Beaute Louboutin Nail Polish in Rouge Louboutin | Cost: €40/£36

OK, so this may have to be crazy on my part but I caved in and bought a €40 nail polish. It is the most expensive one I have and I am not going to lie and say that I don't have exact dupes to it because we all know that is not true. However, none of them last as long as this on my nails. It has lasts me for a good 8 days without a chip in sight every. single. time!!! I could even get away with one coat! Plus the packaging is somewhat luxurious and being the shoe aficionado that I am, I just couldn't resist delving into Mr. Louboutin' beauty world. Now I just have to wait till I buy the matching lipstick ;)



Sigma Makeup Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki F80 | Cost: €20/£16

The last high-end product I have that is worth the hype is the Sigma F80. Everyone and their mother raves about this brush and honestly, even though I do like to switch brushes and sponges to apply my foundation, I keep going back to this brush every time because nothing gives me a more polished, buffed look than it does.


MAC Cosmetics Fluidline in Blacktrack | Cost: €18.50/£16

This was the first product I ever bought from MAC after seeing everyone rave about it and I can vouch that everything they say is true. The pigmentation and staying power are to die for and I wouldn't go back to any other gel liner. I have recently also got Dipdown which is a rich brown and works just as well!


MAC Cosmetics Lip Pencil in Soar | Cost: €15.20/£12.50

Kylie Jenner is to blame for this lip pencil being out of stock so frequently and no wonder she loves it so much! It is a nice shade of deep dusky rose that is perfect all year round if you ask me. I like to wear it on its own mostly but under a matching lipstick and gloss, it prolongs the wear so definitely go get it if you spot it at your nearest MAC!


3 comments on "Products Worth The Hype | Part 1 - High End"
  1. Totally agree on UD palettes and MAC lipsticks! Mr Louboutin's nail polish is such an eye candy ahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to try a Louboutin nail polish the packaging is so amazing!

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete