Making Waves at the Pink Fashion Show

The Pink Fashion Show, organized by Pink Magazine and the Times of Malta, is the fashion show I look forward to the most from the local fashion events' calendar. The reason? There are multiple but mostly because the organizers always manage to hold the event at unique locations and each show is perfectly executed, even down the littlest of details!


This year's summer edition of the show, which took place last Thursday evening was no exception. The setting was the newly re-furbished Ray's Lido in Little Armier Bay - a picturesque sandy beach in the north part of the island. Although it is quite a long drive from home, I always enjoy a car ride to this part of the island for most of it is still untouched; green areas and sandy beaches are still the order of the day here and thus I was very looking forward to arrive at the destination and see what the team behind this huge event had in store for us.

Guests were all dressed in comfortable, colourful, summer clothes which clearly matched the mood and I really enjoyed meeting up with fellow bloggers as well as brand managers I get to collaborate with from time to time thanks to this blog :)

Now for the collections presented during the show. It all started with models coming down from a yacht onto jet-skis and making their way to the beach to initiate the show with swimming costumes from Goldenpoint and sunglasses by O'hea Opticians. I have picked out a few favourite pieces of course and when going through the brand's catalogue the following morning, I discovered this pretty bikini named Lara - shall I get it? ;)




Next came some very stylish dresses from Joseph Ribkoff and complementing Furla bags. I loved most of the pieces from both brands and I do really appreciate the fun take on classic bags with prints from Furla.



Ipanema flipflops followed - I have been eyeing these flip flops for a long time and it's always difficult to choose which to get because all of them look so stylish! I always hesitated to get one of them because I somehow thought they will only last one summer but when people were saying how good and comfortable they actually are, I think I might cave and get me a pair or two ;)


Next is one of my favourite collections from the show - Stefania's. I have never set foot in the store before and well, quite frankly, I was missing out. Big time. A vast majority of the clothes showcased had my name written all over them. Here are my favourites:



Moving on to Carla Grima, it was time for some luxurious silk kaftans, clothes and swimwear to parade down the catwalk, paired with eyewear from Optika Opticians. This summer's choices are infinite - from statement shades to a more paired down look, there's something for everyone's tastes.




My favourite bags were the ones from Coccinelle. From bright candy colours to neutrals and monochrome, here are my top picks from this season's collection:



Another brand I like is Orsay. I especially like their work wear and I love how their clothes look more expensive than they actually are.



The brands closing the show were both a case of leaving the best for last. Here are my favourite picks from DOR Boutique's collection which presented a lot of flowy, summer garments with embellishments and colourful pom-pom details on the bags.



Lastly, Rebelli, a name synonymous with luxury brands such as Versace Jeans and Michael Kors. Swimwear, elegant and casual looks were presented on the night and this was hands down my favourite collection of all.




Following the shows, we were invited to a reception on the stand where we could even have a look at some of the offerings from other participating brands. One stand which caught my eyes was the Sunlab stand where they launched the Ted Baker range of jewellery and sunglasses but more on that in another post ;) 



I also had a chance to taste the new Magnum Double Coconut, which let me tell you, it's the bomb!


As usual, I had a great time at the Pink Fashion Show, big well done to all the organizers and people behind the show for always managing to put on the perfect show!

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment