Postcards from Gozo

I spent last weekend playing tourist with my better half on the idyllic island of Gozo. It is much more quiet and green than Malta and that makes it a favourite getaway destination with locals and tourists alike. Summer in Gozo is as alluring as winter with plenty of things to do apart from topping up your tan one of the spectacular beaches. Moreover, Gozo magically helps you transition into a calmer mood as soon as you board the ferry.

Top, Asos | Shorts, bag & slides, Zara
Earrings, ALDO

On Saturday Morning, following the ubiquitous trip to Rabat, the island's capital, for some traditional pastizzi, we made our way to ar il-Mixta on the outskirts of the picturesque village of Nadur. 


The name of the cave derives from 'maxtura' which translates to 'cot' in English. This open cave overlooks the beautiful Ramla l-Ħamra bay which is characterised by the red sand along the shore which cannot be found anywhere else on our islands, hence the name of the bay (ħamra meaning red).




Għar il-Mixta, with the tranquil views of the bay is really postcard material and provides a really nice backdrop for pictures. Speaking of postcards, I wore this bralet on the day which has this beautiful postcard print, reminiscent of Dolce and Gabbana designs. I bought it off Asos during their sales and 
I opted to let it be the stand out piece in this outfit by styling it with high waisted white shorts and this gorgeous pair of gold embellished slides. 



The bag was an obvious choice as I can't get enough of it for it goes with so many colours and outfits! This outfit is perfect for strolls in the summer heat. I wore minimal jewellery, with my favourite article being the faux opal earrings. Opal is my birthstone, something I am quite fond of because of the many colours and forms the stone can be found in.




That was one colourful outfit! Wish you all a fabulous week :)

2 comments on "Postcards from Gozo"
  1. Really beautiful photos -of Ramla bay and of yourself also. I have always wanted to go there. I am taking a note from where you started to go to that cave. I hope that when I pay a visit to Gozo I will go and look for the place. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice feedback Christine :) It's quite a bumpy countryside road but the trip is worth it!

      Delete