Gingham for Lunch!

Gingham is one of fashion's most loves patterns, especially in the sixties and seventies, and I am extremely delighted it has made a come-back this year - I have already got a few pieces in this versatile pattern, my latest buy being this Zara top which I picked up recently in their sale.

Top, Zara | Shorts, River Island
Shoes, ASOS | Bag and rings, ALDO
Sunglasses, & Other Stories | Bangles, Mango

I thought last Sunday was the perfect day to wear it for lunch to celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday :) We headed to The Cliffs, a lovely restaurant in the picturesque village of Dingli which prepares dishes mostly out of ingredients that are specially grown on the premises. Dingli is located in the northern part of Malta and is mostly known for the coastal cliffs which offer visitors breathtaking views of the glistening sea and the small island of Filfla as well unadulterated country views. It gets quite windy here in the open which was a welcome change from the heatwave we endured during the most part of last week.


Back to my outfit, I love the floral print and the frill details and the little bow on the shoulders - I think this top has the right balance of everything and in my books, it qualifies as that nice top we are always look for.





I paired it with black shorts to make the colourful floral motifs pop even more and this pair of strappy high heels which I got last year from ASOS (P.S. they still have them in orange). The bag really pulled the outfit together and added some more glam which was probably a tad too much for daytime but I was really digging how the outfit looked all together. In fact, I am a big fan of metallics as I think they can be worn day and night.




Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment