Mid-Week Beauty Masterclass: How to Prevent Make-Up Melt-Down in Summer

Happy Wednesday lovelies :) This week's Beauty Masterclass will concentrate on various products I use to prevent my make-up from melting down in the summer heat.  In Malta, we get high humidity percentages all year round and our hybrid Mediterranean - Tropical climate doesn't help when it comes to make-up lasting all day so it is key to invest in some products that will take your make-up a few hours further to look fresh all day!  I will also include some tips on how to apply the products to make sure they really last well throughout the day.  I have changed my skin care products so an updated skin care routine will be coming up soon but in the meantime, here's a rundown of the products I have been using to make my make-up last:


A good moisturizer is key to help keep the skin hydrated and if you have oily/combination skin, it is important to keep the oiliness at bay.  I have been using La Roche Posay Effaclar M moisturizer which hydrates my skin and I have noticed that I do not get oily by midday and at the end of the day, I only have a little oil and no shine.

To further lessen oil production, I use e.l.f. Mineral Booster over the moisturizer to further absorb oil and perk up my complexion.  In summer I don't wear foundation but when I do, I use the NYX HD Foundation in Soft Beige and after applying moisturizer, I prime my skin with Inglot Under the Make-Up Base, stipple on the foundation with my Sigma F80, set it with e.l.f. Mineral Booster and finally stipple on some e.l.f. Studio Make-Up Mist & Set.  On an everyday basis, when I need just a little coverage, I use e.l.f. Tinted Moisturizer in Rosy Beige or the Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream.  I like the pat both of these products with my fingers to ensure complete blending and then set them with the e.l.f. Mineral Booster which will also counteract the whiteness of the BB Cream.

So, these are basically the products that work for me! I hope you found this post useful and if you use the same products/techniques as I do as well as different ones, please share them in the comments :)

6 comments on "Mid-Week Beauty Masterclass: How to Prevent Make-Up Melt-Down in Summer"
  1. Great post! :D Do you have a review on the NYX foundation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lar min fejn kont xtrajtu nyx foundation u kemm kin jekk tiftakar? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes girls, here's the link:

    http://larasbeautybible.blogspot.com/2011/03/review-nyx-hd-studio-formula-photogenic.html

    Mar, this is where I bought it from:
    http://shop.ebay.co.uk/angelsbeautybag/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

    it was around €12 but I think the seller has now reduced the price :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only a person with a vast idea and less of harmful cosmetics and have such a post. I only trust on natural products Yonka , which will never ever cause any harm to any kind of skin type.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice blog :) new follower here

    hope you visit my blog too

    www.nailsbykatevergara.com

    ReplyDelete