MFWA 2018 | Day 7 - Dapper Gentlemen and a Tribute to Maltese Surnames

Fashion Week is over but I still wanted to share with you my thoughts about the two shows from the last day - Gagliardi and Ritienne Zammit.

Gagliardi

This Maltese brand is synonymous with stylish casual and formal wear for men. I always enjoy the show and this year was no exception. From impeccably tailored suits to the fun, mismatched numbers and the more formal tuxes and the super functional leather bags, ties and pocket squares, the Gagliardi collection has something to suit everyone's taste. Every year, I feel like dragging my fiance to their store and treat him to a shopping spree! Also, from his part, thank you for the lovely tie and pocket square which he gladly accepted after a week of having to put up with my demanding schedule. I think he does deserve the shopping trip after all ;)









Ritienne Zammit - Atronymic

Fashion Week closed with a bang - Ritienne Zammit's show is probably the most anticipated show of the week from us locals and foreign fashionistas alike. I personally almost always end up buying something from her collections because I love how original the pieces are, yet they are easy to incorporate into my wardrobe. 

For this year's seasonless collection, Ritienne Zammit chose to pay homage to some of the most common Maltese surnames while creating a collection of garments that are suitable to wear all year round due to the climate changes we have imposed ourselves.




I love the silhouettes in this collection and love that the predominant colour is red - one of my favourite colours all year to wear all year round. The prints feature works of art that relate to the coat of arms the designer chose to interpret for this collection and I love how well they blend with the different shapes and silhouettes of the different items showcased in this one-of-a-kind collection. Once again, Ritienne, you left me lost for words! Brava!






And with that, I conclude my series of posts from Malta Fashion Week 2018! Congratulations to all the award winners as well :)

All photos by Neil Psaila

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment