PINK Fashion Show Summer 2018 - A Fashion Festa

A picturesque garden in Floriana overlooking the majestic Grand Harbour, the King George V Recreational Grounds were transformed into a small village the time of the traditional Maltese festa. And indeed, a feast it was! This edition of the PINK Fashion Show was actually the 10th one and like the ones before it, it was an immense success.

Ever since the first edition in November 2013, held at the Malta Aviation Museum, the PINK Fashion Show has set the standard for local fashion shows and I think anyone who has ever been to one or more of the shows agrees with me when I say it is one of the best local fashion shows. The team behind it all always manage to surpass our expectations - the choice of venue, sponsor stands and of course, all the goodies from the different sponsors.  


For this edition, the theme couldn't have been any more appropriate - the village festa. The show was a celebration of fashion, colour, summer (which is when most festas occur in Malta) and of course, the 10th edition from when it all started.

Traditional festa banners and festoons adorned these historic gardens which were originally built for the exclusive use of the Knights of John and today, these grounds can be enjoyed by adults and children alike. For me, the venue was not new as my father used to take me and my brother there when we were young.

We were treated to a lovely show of summer clothing, accessories and swimwear collections by Orsay, Cortefiel, Carla Grima Atelier, Coccinelle, Emthunzini Hats, Furla, Ipanema, Isle & Aqua, O’hea Opticians, Oltre, Pedro del Hierro and Women’secret. The models were at times accompanied by the Vilhena Band (Floriana Band Club) which also opened the show with some popular marches.



























Following the show, we were able to see what the different sponsors' stalls had to offer - food, makeup and drinks too but the showstopper was definitely the Magnum stand where the concept of creating your own ice-cream was introduced. I can say it was worth the wait! I had mine topped with raspberry and pistachio crush and it was divine!


I am grateful to the Pink Magazine team for inviting me along for yet another edition of this fabulous show and I'm already looking forward to the next!

Photography by Mark Soler & Justin Ciappara

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment