London Fashion Week 2019 - Bobby Abley

London Fashion Week is currently underway and I have partnered up with local photographer Gordon Formosa, from GoRaw Photography who is currently in London, to share with you the best of the runway shows.

Any Wizard of Oz fans here? Get comfy cos you're in for a treat, courtesy of Bobby Abley and his SS20 collection. Abley has an obsession with cartoons and this is not the first time he has merged his passions in one. He has created collections based on The Little Mermaid, Star Wars, Spongebob Squarepants, Aladdin, The Jungle Book, Teletubbies, Power Rangers, Looney Tunes, Mickey Mouse and Pokemon! This time, he re-interpreted the 1939 movie starring Judy Garland for his collection which was originally written by L. Frank Baum in 1900 and continues to enchant adults and children alike to this day!

I'm going to say it out loud, I am obsessed with Bobby Abley's interpretation of this classic tale! I remember myself as a little girl owning a pair of red flats and my father used to tell me to click my heels three times and he would lift me up in the air and take me to the kitchen to eat my dinner (I was always a fussy eater and he tried to make eating fun) so I literally grew up with Dorothy and her friends.

We have the Tin Man, the Scarecrow, the Cowardly Lion and Dorothy herself as well as the munchkins, the Wicked Witch of the West, allusions to the Emerald City and the Yellow Brick Road and all the elements that make up the classic story, re-invented for the daring, modern fashionistas.











We have long, pointy green nails just as the Wicked Witch would have worn them, Dorothy's iconic light blue and white checked dress re-invented into a leotard/jumpsuit (the bottoms of which remind me of Rihanna x Manolo Blahnik tigh-high denim boots) and a dungaree for men, and a rainbow coloured gilet to symbolise the song synonymous with the movie, 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow'. 







Truly a collection to be proud of! Very well executed Mr. Abley!



All photography by GoRaw Photography

1 comment on "London Fashion Week 2019 - Bobby Abley"
  1. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Jenna

    ReplyDelete