The Exit Interview Series | Volume #35

Following last month's clear out of my product stash, this month I have been using a lot of sample sized products, most of which were actually hair care products. 

Starting clockwise from top left, there's the Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Shampoo & Conditioner with Liquid Keratin. This duo made hair look really glossy and I had enough for four uses out of each - very generous for a sample I might say and my hair looked generally good for the usual two days. Next, I tried the Angel en Provence Helichrysum Revitalising Shampoo & Conditioner, which again had enough for quite a few uses. I remember these smelling really good but my hair got back to its oily self after just one day so I personally wouldn't consider buying the full sizes. 


The Finesse shampoo was ok especially for everyday use. It smells good and left my hair very soft, but unfortunately, my hair turned greasy after just one day. Finally, I have the True Keratin Moroccan Miracle Leave-In Creme which I used to apply to the ends of my hair. This worked miracles for my hair especially whenever I used heat styling tools. My hair felt soft and looked really healthy. I would consider giving the full size of this a go.

More samples, this time I have a Shea Butter Hand Cream from Bottega Verde and a sun protection lotion from Hawaiian Tropic. The hand cream is a very nice treat for the hands but being from Bottega Verde, it is bound to be on the slightly more expensive side. Nonetheless, it smells very nice and is absorbed rapidly into the skin and leaves the hands feeling soft and supple.

The sun block lotion is another nice smelling product - I have yet to try a product from Hawaiian Tropic that doesn't! The sachet had enough sunblock for me and my boyfriend for two applications each. It is quite runny and it is rapidly absorbed into the skin without leaving any greasy residue.


The last product in the picture is the Essence Stay Natural Concealer which you know I keep repurchasing over and over again.

Next are some body products. I have used up the Pupa Milano Anti-Cellulite cream and I can vouch that this product is truly one of the best products available on the market to help fight the appearance of cellulite. It has lasted me for quite some time so you're getting good value for money, and more importantly, it delivers good results. For the moment I won't be repurchasing this though as I have some other similar products to go through. The Impulse deodorants are also a common appearance in these posts as they are practically the only deodorants I like.


Moving on to nail products, I have used up two top coats, a tip painter and an unusual kind of polish remover. The Rimmel Base Coat Top Coat Pro was actually a gift from the US and it is a good product which I would repurchase if it ever becomes available locally. With the Essence Glitter Top Coat, it's another story...it takes multiple coats for the glitter to show up and once the polish reaches the middle of the bottle, it goes all goopy, so definitely not repurchasing.

The same happened with the Essence Tip Painter but I have to admit that the brush is actually excellent for detailed nail art work and painting tips. The next product is the BK Nail Gel from Born Pretty Store. This is actually a gel type of nail polish remover which you spread over your polished nails, wait for a few minutes and wipe the nails clean with a cotton disc. It can be a little messy which is why I won't be repurchasing but it has proven to be a good alternative method of removing glitter polish. 


Next I have some skin care products which I won't be repurchasing any of simply because I have switched brands. Both Michael Todd products are very good but the scrub no longer seems to agree with my skin as it has caused me some breakouts while the toner is nice but I'd rather stick to rose water. As for the Polaar Micellar Water, I have purchased the full size version of this and I have kept this small bottle to refill it and take it to work to use whenever I feel the need to refresh my face.


I have also used up a sachet of energising eye patches from Polaar which seriously work after just one application! I love how bright the are under my eyes looked right after I removed them and I am seriously considering getting a whole box. Then, I had two samples of Yves Rocher Active Sensitive Redness Relief which I seriously love as it works instantly! I will be buying the full sized version soon.


Also from Yves Rocher, I have this perfume sample of their fragrance Comme Une Evidence which is a very floral fragrance and right up my street! I have enjoyed wearing this fragrance and I was very pleased with the longevity of the scent and I do recommend this perfume if you love floral fragrances. I have also finished some more perfume samples from Dior (Miss Dior), Paco Rabanne (Black XS) and Valentino (Valentina).


Lastly, I have this Nivea Harmony Time Shower Cream which I used to use at work whenever I was going out after. It has a pleasant fragrance and offers good value for money so I bought another variation of it to switch things a little and I like how it lathers nicely to a soft foam.

What products have you used up this month?


1 comment on "The Exit Interview Series | Volume #35"
  1. I use the True Keratin leave in myself and highly recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete