Review | MAC Cosmetics Prep+Prime Fix+ Refreshing Mist

The much hyped about MAC Fix+ is finally mine! This was the first item on my wishlist that I wanted to get as soon as the first MAC counter opened in Malta and it has proved to be a must have product ever since!

In the sweltering heat we get on our islands in summer, the struggle is real to find good makeup products that don't melt the minute you walk out the door. Thankfully, MAC Fix+ always saves the day.

The product comes in this glittery box which I was seriously tempted to keep but due to lack of space I went back on that thought. The bottle has a pump mechanism which only functions when you twist the cap anti-clockwise.

I like that the bottle is transparent so I can see how much product is left. I like to use Fix+ both prior and following makeup application and I don't even have to worry about my makeup melting or fading! I have even used this on my mum who is much more prone to sweating than I am and she is now a convert as well! Furthermore, when applied to bare skin, Fix+ locks moisture into the skin thus it acts as a hydrating agent.

Now for the price. I think this product is justly pried at €18 for 100ml seeing that most primers/fixers from 'drugstore' brands are priced in the same price range and you get two products in one so I really don't think it is expensive. Moreover, Fix+ can be used to refresh your skin throughout the day, mix it with eyeshadow pigments to intensify the colour or use as eyeliners, diluting your foundation and heavy concealer for a more sheer coverage. So it is definitely worth the money!

MAC Cosmetics in Malta can be found at Debenhams The Point and at the MAC Store in Tigne' Street, both Sliema.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment