Delving into the Magical World of Gemstones

Here's a fun fact about me - I have always been fascinated by gemstones and crystals and when I was younger I used to like reading about birthstones and what they represent. I love the different colours and forms that gemstones come in, with opal (my birthstone), amethyst and rose quartz being my favourites but I have never used gemstones and crystals as talismans of protection and healing. 

Over the last few weeks, I have been re-introduced to this magical world thanks to Gemstones Malta. I have been wearing this moonstone pendant almost every day for the past few weeks and I always get compliments on it so here I am sharing some information about this beautiful, intriguing stone with you all.


Meaning & Properties

Moonstone is associated with the inner goddess - a symbol of fertility and sensuality. In fact, the stone is believed to be the perfect expression of yin (feminine energy) and the soothing energy of the moon (hence the name). Consequently, it is a stone of calm and relief from emotional stress. Moonstone is also a stone of protection, especially during childbirth, pregnancy, and travel at sea. Because of its connection to the moon, this stone rocks at soothing emotions during that time of the month. and it is the best stone for balancing hormones and providing support during periods of hormonal change such as puberty or menopause. Here's another fun fact; Moonstone has been designated as the Florida State Gemstone in 1970 to commemorate the moon landings which took off from the Kennedy Space Centre!


History

Moonstone is prized for its adularescence, an optical phenomenon that creates the appearance of billowy clouds of blue to white light with a moonlight sheen. Moonstone has been used in jewellery for thousands of years with Romans believing the stones originated from solidified rays of the moon while during the Art Nouveau period, jewellery incorporating moonstone was popularized by French goldsmith René Lalique among others.



Healing Properties

Now on this subject, the scientist in me is a bit skeptical about the healing properties of crystals but I do know that there are religions and people who believe in their healing powers so I've done some research on the subject and apparently, moonstone is used to restore hormonal cycles in line with nature's rhythms, thus making it especially beneficial for women. Some claim it even helps the digestive system and in balancing emotions.

How I Wear It

Being white in colour with a subtle blue sheen and a small black mark, this moonstone pendant is easy to incorporate with my outfits on a daily basis. It is set in silver, which helps bring out the blueish sheen and it easily goes with everything. Furthermore, when I am not wearing it, I like to carry it around in my bag. Who knows, maybe I get to experience the balancing attributes this gemstone is said to carry!


Moonstone is a great stone for healthcare workers, which I am, and it is also associated with my astrological sign, Libra. I am happy to know that unknowingly I chose a stone that is actually in-tune
with my life already :)

Check out Gemstones Malta on Facebook and Etsy shop to view their vast jewellery collection and more!

Necklace was given to me by Gemstones Malta as a gift. 
Gemstones cannot replace medicinal treatment and doctors' advice to cure ailments. 
Moonstone facts sourced from internet research.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment