LEGACY | Fashion Film from Couture by Gaetano ahead of MFWA 2018

Couture by Gaetano needs no introduction in the local fashion scene with the young designer being catapulted to fame after winning the New Designer Award in the 2015 edition of the Malta Fashion Awards and he hasn't looked back since.

I've had the pleasure of working with Gaetano last year and I to say I was ecstatic when he asked me to take part in his fashion film to launch this year's collection, is an understatement! I immediately agreed because it is an honour to work with such a humble individual who keeps his feet planted firmly on the ground amidst all his success. And besides, I have yet to find a creation of his that I don't like! 

Fast forward to last Saturday and along with 4 other local bloggers and friends, a whole team of models, singers and influencers, the fashion video for Gaetano's LEGACY collection started taking shape at the stunning Casa Asti in Valletta.



The Charming Casa Asti in Valletta

I headed to the makeup and hair room where I had my makeup impeccably done by Kay Grech Coldman and my hair blow-dried by Marilyn Mizzi before I got changed into a stunning gown designed by Gaetano himself, then proceeded to the filming area to get briefed about what we had to do.

Designer Gaetano and myself before filming

I am really looking forward to seeing the end result when Gaetano launches his collection during Malta Fashion Week on Monday 28th May at the majestic Fort St.Elmo in Valletta. In the meantime, here are more behind the scenes photos and clips :)








Location: Casa Asti

Lead Singers: Claudia Faniello and Marilena Gauci
Lead Actress: Taryn Mamo Cefai

Bloggers: Dorianne at Ask Dorianne, Blog by Grazielle, Diva Inside and Denis Aljush

Extra Singers: Janice Mangion, La Barokka, Franklin Calleja, Pet ra, Anthea Bezzina, Sebastian Calleja and Daniel Muscat
Models: Daniela Bezzina, Samuela Bugeja, Naomi Hammet, Jess Gherxi, Elenia Cauchi, Neil Scerri, Marvin Scerri, Melvin Micallef, Justin Axiak, Clyde Caruana, Iven Mercica, Dylan Camilleri, Bernard Gellel and Rosario Pace

Make up for filming (Marlene Vassallo‘s team): Gordon Sultana, Kay Grech Coldman and Rodianne Caruana, Bernard Gellel
Make up for Claudia and Marilena: Justin Brincat
Makeup for Taryn: Karl Zammit Nash

Hair for filming: Marilyn Mizzi
Hair for Taryn: Dean Gera Salons
Hair for Marilena: Prive’
Hair for Claudia: Marilyn Mizzi

Photographer: Alana Bondin

Suits for male models: Reno’s Tailoring – Hamrun

Production: Blend by Marley Lagana

Assistant to filming: Sarah Gatt

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment