NOTW: The Classic French Manicure Revisited

Hello loves :) I am aware that I haven't posted a NOTW post for some weeks but as I have been quite busy with work and all, I really didn't have much time to do my nails properly.  Also, one of my index fingernails broke at work so I had to trim the others down so they are on the short side for now.

Anyhow, my cousins came over from the US for a short holiday later last week and one of the gifts they got me, is a Sally Hansen French Manicure Kit.  Seeing I haven't worn my nails in a classic French manicure for quite some time, this was the best opportunity for me to try the kit out! Here's the end result:


Basically, I started with one coat of essie's Vanity Fairest (also gifted by my cousins) and then applied two coats of the opal polish from the kit.  Layering these polishes gave the nails some more shimmer and I like how the colour of the polish shifts from a purplish pink opal to a light green with golden reflects.  I then proceeded with applying the white polish over my tips and finished off with a coat of the UV top coat supplied in the kit.

I am really enjoying this French Manicure as it is a classic and timeless look perfect for all occasions and nail lengths!



What's your favourite colour to complement a French manicure? Beige? Pink? Nude? Ivory? Any others?

12 comments on "NOTW: The Classic French Manicure Revisited"
  1. It looks lovely, so glad there wasnt a need for a UV lamp. I've got some new french stickers to try out :) how well did the mani last?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Enigma :) Put some pics up of the stickers when you try them please :) I'm quite fond of this Sally Hansen kit as the mani lasted a whole week without chipping (even with the latex gloves I have to wear at work)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of using an opal base coat for a french manicure- usually I think french nails are kinda boring (I like colour!) but these are so pretty :)
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love french with a little bit (or a lot!!) of colour! There was a UV top coat in the set? So you used you lamp with it, right? Do you think that generally UV top coats work well with regular nail polishes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello, I love the French nails never go out of style

    Greetings from Peru

    http://conestilodeysimari.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good old french manicure, this looks so pretty and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you girls :) It's true, a French manicure always looks classy and never goes out of fashion, whether in traditional colours or in more colourful versions.

    @Natalie, no there is actually no need to use the UV lamp for the top coat. In fact, I still am trying to figure out why it named like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great classy look! Do you recommend something for stronger nails Lara? Cause mine are EXTREMELY weak. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Gertrude :) For your nails, apart from devoting a little time each day and massage in some hand cream and olive oil before you go to bed to strengthen and nourish them, I think it would be worth to invest in a good nail hardener such as the Mavala one. I can't recall its name but it's a bit expensive compared to other brands but it works really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for the late reply... but thanks!! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lara, how did you photograph this color? I kept trying but to no avail! Couldn't get the flash to show up. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first picture was taken in the dark with flash from my cell phone camera while the others were taken in natural light. I guess it is all down to playing with different light conditions and see which picture catches the colour best. It is quite tricky to photograph but with a little patience you'll get there ;)

      Delete