Review: Witch Anti-Blemish Skin Clearing Primer

I have recently discovered Witch Hazel as a very good astringent against spot causing bacteria and although I use a toner made out of Witch Hazel extract I still wanted something to treat my skin especially when wearing make-up.  So I looked up some reviews on YouTube and there was a considerable amount of videos raving about Witch Skin Care products.  I have heard of the brand before but since we don't get it in Malta, I looked up the products on ebay and got the Anti-Blemish Skin Clearing Primer which I will be reviewing today as well as the Blemish Stick which I will review in a separate post.
  
As I said, I will be focusing on the primer today which comes supplied in a box that I threw away for storage reasons and the bottle itself is a transparent plastic bottle with a pull-off cap and a pump. I like a pump dispenser on such products because it reduces product waste since you can control the amount of product that comes out and it is also more sanitary. A little uncovered area on the side of the bottle, enables you to see how much product you have got left.  The bottle holds 30ml of product.


This primer is a white light-weight cream that melts onto the skin and although Witch claim that the product is fragrance-free, it does have a slight odour of Witch Hazel.  It feels lighter than the Inglot primer which is silicon based and it is oil free.


Now I have mixed thoughts about this primer as I haven't really seen a difference as to how much my make-up lasts and also, at work my face still gets oily when I use this alone under make-up. However, I do like the fact that it is light-weight but I'm not sure if I'd buy this again once I get through it.

As for the skin-clearing part, I still get some spots on my face and when I use it I can definitely tell that it is working because it dries out the spots and sometimes, I get flakes on those areas which I eliminate by spraying on a make-up setting spray. This is not always possible so I am only using this when my skin is having its good days.

So the bottom line is I don't think I will re-purchase this primer and I will stick with my Inglot one as I have never had any problems with it for all this time that I have been using it.

Have you ever used any Witch products? What are your views on them?

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment