Some lipstick info worth sharing....

I have recently received this email and I thought it was worth sharing...

"This comes from  Dr. Nahid Neman who works in the breast cancer unit at Mt.. Sinai Hospital , in Toronto

Recently a lipstick brand called 'Red Earth' Decreased their prices from $67 to $9.90.
It contained lead.

Lead is a chemical which causes cancer.  The higher the lead content, the greater the chance of causing cancer. 

The lipstick brands that contain lead are:

~ Christian Dior
~ Lancome
~ Clinique 
~ Y.S.L.
Estee Lauder 
~ Shiseido
~ Red Earth
~ Chanel (Lip Conditioner)

After doing a test on lipsticks, it was found that the Y.S.L. Lipstick contained the highest amount of lead.

Watch out for those lipsticks which are supposed to stay longer. If your lipstick stays longer, it is because of the higher content of lead.

Here is the test you can do yourself:

1. Put some lipstick on your hand.

2. Use a Gold ring to scratch on the lipstick.

3. If the lipstick color changes to black, then you know the lipstick contains lead."

It was quite shocking to find out that after all the awareness about cancer brands still use lead in their products. I am going to try this test on all my lipsticks and I will get back to you with the results. In the meantime, if you try it, please don't hesitate to share your results here and feel free to circulate this post (just leave a link to my blog please).

2 comments on "Some lipstick info worth sharing...."
  1. Oh wow, I didn't know this... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've received this email too but I don't know if I believe it or not. I'll search for more...

    ReplyDelete